Jd moco v nh1411

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #1  

aussie simo

Tractor
yanmar eg907
Hi all, just picking the brains of any hay cutters out there that might have found any inherent problems with either the jd 830 moco or the nh 1411, am looking to buy 2nd hand in good condition, have been using 489 haybine and looking to step up to a disc machine. Any advice would be appreciated. Have found 2009 830 moco in good nick but know nothing about these machines, are they reliable? Any well known weaknesses?

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #2  
What makes you sick of the haybine? I am used to keeping mine up so I like it and don't have any desire to switch. I have been around disc machines and the number of blades that need replacing is worse than replacing sickle sections. I guess if you are rock free though it would be fine.

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #3  
repair and maintenance with the NH is much better. The hubs on the 1411 can be upgraded to shock-pro as needed which really cuts down on the amount of parts you need when you shear a disk.

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #4  
The NH 1411 is a side pull vs the center piviot of the JD 830. NH is a segmented cutter bar not sure if the JD is a segmented unit or not. The beauty of this is if you damage the cutter bar most likely it will be in one of the segments and the whole bar will not need to be replaced. Like Messicks said NH has the shock Pro hubs. Sort of a shear pin for each hub. Not sure what year the NH is but I know the retrofit kit is availble for mine which is a 2004.
Both are good machines. The only problem with a disc mower over a haybine is you have to be real careful of how much you cut. It is so easy to cut way more hay then you have time to bale up!!!!

/ Jd moco v nh1411
i know that the jd has a modular cutter bar and has a shear hub to protect the internal drive of each disc.a local contractor has a jd 835 and said he has only sheared 2 in 3 years,he said his is a great machine.my other querie is having enough pto hp to run either. my yanmar is 90 hp at the motor but only 71 hp pto,jd specs state 70-81 pto hp to run the 830.

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #6  
Like everything else the HP requirements are probablly a little high. I would say that with flat fields and a lower speed you shouldn't have an issue.

/ Jd moco v nh1411 #7  
i know that the jd has a modular cutter bar and has a shear hub to protect the internal drive of each disc.a local contractor has a jd 835 and said he has only sheared 2 in 3 years,he said his is a great machine.my other querie is having enough pto hp to run either. my yanmar is 90 hp at the motor but only 71 hp pto,jd specs state 70-81 pto hp to run the 830.

the Deere is a common bath cutter bar. all the oil runs from one end of the bar to the other. the gears are all connected. it isnt modular. The NH is a true modular design bar. each modualr even has it's on oil dipstick. So if you are mowing in hill sides or such the oil doesnt run down to one end of the bar and the other end is left dry and heats up.......the oil and gears stay in that one modular. so repair is easy, simple, quick, and doesnt cost much to repair a hub......$45 at the most....and maybe 15 minutes...the 1411 is a great machine. they are tough. i have had many customers not like how the Deere cuts....

/ Jd moco v nh1411
Sorry jdbnh, I should have clarified that jd call there bar modular but they are only to an extent, they are segmented into modules but are all connected and share a common bath. That probably isn't really an issue for me as my cultivation is all flat .Still my contractor mate says that repairs are quick and fairly easy, what is the main problem that your customers complain about in regards to the way the jd cuts ?