JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy?

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #11  
Go buy it at the right price and the warranty works at any of them. I just had to take my business else where on my 5093e.

D.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #12  
Might not hurt to tell them you aren't a dumbass?
IF they line item everything it needs to match the same MSRP that is on Deere's website or be less. Their MSRP pricing isn't secret, any of the 3 billion plus or minus folks with internet access in the world can go see it pretty easily.
A dealer set up fee is up to the dealer, but they are being idiots to line it out like they did in your quote, make it one line item $500 or less. You can negotiate with that.
At the bottom of your quote they should line item in a discount and be willing and not act surprised when you counter for more. If your salesman pulls the trick of acting all offended if you counter just remind them they signed up for this ****, it's their job, don't get all haughty and make this hard unless they don't want to sell tractors.

Negotiating is part of buying and selling, it ain't fighting, it can be a very civil process in which all parties walk away satisfied. IF the dealer you are dealing with don't get it find one who does. This one has already lost your business unless they pair you up with some other employee who has sense enough to work with people and sell something.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #13  
thanks for the replies. I used to have a good relationship with the dealer. bought 4 tractors and numerous attachments over the years from him. Now their pricing is "confiscatory"- the quoting is stacked with add-ons, and they aren't interested in negotiating. This place has been sucked into the Deere mega-world of dealer franchises, where 5 to 10 locations have been consolidated into one dealership, and the stand-alone Deere tractor store is gone, and so is my ability to find the right price from the willing dealer. I have 2 companies to do business with within 100 mi radius, each one is a conglomerate of 7 or 8 stores that used to be independent. They have most of the bargaining power, unless I want to switch to orange or blue or red.
Maybe I should just buy a new F150 King Ranch and drag my equipment around with that...??!!!
jim

A few of us have mentioned Mutton but you seem to ignore this.

If you buy a new F150 and a few months later for whatever reason find yourself broke down in another state you would assume that any Ford dealership could fix you up. Same thing with Deere. If you have a serious problem where warranty and parts is an issue the Deere company rep will be the person that can help you and he works for mother Deere not the dealership. I prefer to buy local but not if it means I am getting screwed.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #14  
I had a similar experience. I got quotes from the 3 local dealers. Two were at or above list. One dealer negotiated down but Mutton was more than $2K lower than them and $9K below the worst quote. I wanted to buy local but ended up with Mutton and am happy with the result.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #15  
I know exactly what you are saying. They will try to get every dollar out of you that they can. Try several dealers to see who will negotiate. I have at least five John Deere dealers within 30 miles of me. Hopefully you do too.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #16  
I know exactly what you are saying. They will try to get every dollar out of you that they can. Try several dealers to see who will negotiate. I have at least five John Deere dealers within 30 miles of me. Hopefully you do too.

But the thing is here the 5 are now owned by the same conglomerate.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #17  
But the thing is here the 5 are now owned by the same conglomerate.

I thought that might be a possibility. I guess that is becoming more common everywhere. Only two of the ones here are that situation. On parts they may work with you anyway. They do like having repeat customers. Even the ones in the same conglomerate will compete with each other.

/ JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy? #18  
My local dealerships charges one flat rate setup fee of $200.

It doesn't matter if you order 25 options with 10 implements, or just 1 option, the setup fee is one flat rate here.

Just my opinion, but I would not buy a single thing from that dealership. Nothing makes me madder than companies with millions upon millions of dollars, trying to the break the back of the blue collar average worker. They have tons of money, and we, the average joes, don't. I would move on and try Mutton like others said. They have the lowest pricing I have ever seen in all of the U.S so far.