JD taking over!

/ JD taking over! #1  

Vernon

Tractor
2wd 6300 w/cab, 6310 4wd w/cab and 640SL loader, 920 mower, 709 rotary cutter, Farmi JL 601 winch, JD 456 round baler, 752 tedder, 74 and 75 ground driven rakes w/dual position hitch
I was up to my Deere dealer yesterday and was checking out the tractors on the lot. I noticed three used Case IH tractors sitting there. I asked where they came from and it turned out that two of them came from the same farmer, not too far from me. One was a 5140 4wd w/cab and 510SL loader. The other was a 4000 series Case 4wd openstation w/a loader. He traded both tractors on two different Jd tractors. He already had a 7410 2wd w/cab and I was glad to see he must have liked it and came back to get more. My 6310 is the best machine I could ask for. I've got over 100 hours on it and I haven't had one bit of trouble and haven't had too use 4wd at all. I've only needed it in the woods and loading some gravel. Most capable and productive machine I own.
I just purchased 200 acres of land down the road from me. It's mostly hayland but there is about 80 acres of woodland at the back of tht land. I recently cut about 20 acres of my first plot of woodland to expand my beef buisness. I wiil be building a larger and more acessable barn for my cows. My brother is doing great with his buisness. His skid steer and 5410 have not let him down yet. Our 4300 is a great machine. I don't care what people say I haven't mowed any easier than I have with the gear transmission. A loader or front blade is still a possibility but we haven't found a need for them yet.

/ JD taking over! #2  
Vernon,
Thats what counts..you being comfortable w/ your J.D tractor./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
May you have many more hours of tractor time./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Stay safe and/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ JD taking over!
Thomas - I agree with you completely. A tractor should be comfortable for you to opperate, and not make doing chores something you dispise/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif. I am quite partial to <font color=green>JD</font color=green> but if I didn't like a <font color=green>JD</font color=green> tractor I was driving I wouldn't buy one.