JD versus non JD Implements

/ JD versus non JD Implements #11  
trademark.jpg

<font color=green>...why are JD's painted green??? ...</font color=green>

Well Dan... I'm so glad you asked... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

According to John Deere Corp...

"Actually there is no documentation to support the answer. We believe it may have happened this way:

...Some of the early plows made in our factories were green, but not of the bright green color that you see on the equipment today. The yellow & green tractor we think has evolved from the work the tractor was intended for, corn planting. The green for the corn stock as it grows and yellow for the ear of corn, hence the green tractor with yellow wheels..."

Thanks for asking.

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ JD versus non JD Implements #12  
And besides that it is just down right pretty! Much prettier color than my orange tractor. Personal opinion on COLOR, I like green.

/ JD versus non JD Implements #13  
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm color blind when it comes to tractors and implements... I want something that will do the job... I'm like most people... I want the most "bang for the almighty buck"... It doesn't matter what color the implement is... I'm not into fashion and pretty... I want results...

<hr></blockquote>

Couldnt of said it better John. Most of the advice I get is from where I purchase all my implements from. They know what tractor I have, They know exactly what will fit, and they know that Im willing to pay a decient price for good equipment.

John, In your unending file cabinet of information, can you tell me what color the first JD tractors was painted?

/ JD versus non JD Implements #14  
<font color=blue>...In your unending file cabinet of information...</font color=blue>

Jim, Jim, Jim... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

The file cabinet tipped over... it's empty... I had a root canal done this morning and my brain is numb like my mouth... {but not for long folks... so don't start celebrating just yet.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif}

I'll check into it... but this may cost you a big super duper banana split with chocolate chip, death by chocolate... and real whipped cream.... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Since Waterloo Boy was the first marketed tractor by Deere in 1918... well I will do some thinking and looking... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif [sore jaw...]

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ JD versus non JD Implements #15  
Why is JD painted green? So they can hide in the grass when Kubotas(can be any other tractor of your choice) goes by.

This is no judgement on JD, just a joke I have heard since I was just a little guy.

Dan L

/ JD versus non JD Implements #16  
Ok Danny.... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Why are Kubota's color "Kubota orange"...?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ JD versus non JD Implements #17  
The best tractor color was already taken "RED"

Dan L

/ JD versus non JD Implements #18  
So when they die out in the fields you can find them ?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
kust kidding

/ JD versus non JD Implements #19  
Thats why I bought my bota, It's the same color as my car . HEMI ORANGE!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif It just so happens to be the colors of my hometown high school, ORANGE and BLACK, which just matches the colors of my favorite holiday, HOLLOWEEN./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ JD versus non JD Implements #20  
So they can hide in a <font color=orange>pumpkin</font color=orange> patch? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif