JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #1  

cane

Tractor
ford 1720
2130 hydraulics work with out load oil and filter changed no metal in filter or oil do not have tech book.? location of priority valve.

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #2  
Located on the right side, about 3/4 of the way back, see drawing

Attachments

• 2130priorityvalve.gif
    2130priorityvalve.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,650
   / JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #3  
cane
Did you check/clean sump screen(parts key #30)? Does tractor have hyd in pto &/or hyd hi-lo or reverser? If so have you tried using hyd's with pto on & off and in high & low? I'd suggest to check hyd stand-by pressure which should be 2250 psi. How is loader controlled(ind valve or scv)??

Attachments

• RWP5246________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5246________UN01JAN94.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,747
   / JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #4  
Had that problem when I got my 2130 with Bush Hog Loader. After going completely through the main pump, I realized that the Bush Hog loader has a relief valve near the joystick that was set to relieve at lower pressure than the stroke control on the pump. This heated the fluid up quickly when attempting loader work. As the fluid warmed up the loader got extremely weak, and heat could be felt at loader valves under joystick. Adjusted both load valve and main pump stroke control with a pressure gauge to about 2250 psi (tried higher and broke stuff), keep loader valve slightly higher than stroke control. Everything worked great for a 200+ hours, then I lost all hydraulic functions two days ago, still working on that on (thus why I'm here).

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #5  
coggina
How long since hyd filter was changed & sump screen(parts key 15) was checked/cleaned? With 3 pt raised engine running look inside hyd filler hole for spraying oil. Remove FEL control valve return hose,with FEL control valve in neutral crank engine and no oil should exit open hose. Does your tractor have hyd hi-lo or hyd ind pto?

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #6  
Check for fluid at the pump suction/IN port.

Check and see if the pump is pumping.

Check filters and sump screen like Jim said.

Remove a PB hose and place in a bucket and check flow.

Hydraulics:
Type: closed
Capacity: 2.5 gal [9.5 L]
Pressure: 2250 psi [155.1 bar]
Pump flow: 13.5 gpm [51.1 lpm]

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #7  
Technically a JD closed hyd system shouldn't have a PB hose. I just remembered that hyd filter relief valve(parts key 24-27) in photo I posted could be stuck open.

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #8  
A PB hose is a pressure hose to me. However, it could mean Power Beyond the pump.

All closed center valves have a common pressure hose source.

Any one of the hoses could be removed

/ JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #9  
A PB hose is a pressure hose to me. However, it could mean Power Beyond the pump.

J_J
Please don't take offense when I disagree with you but this post of yours below appears to me that you're referring a PB as "power beyond" which to my knowledge a JD closed center hyd system does not have. All I'm trying to do is keep the information posted as true as possible.
Jim

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.9 KB · Views: 382
   / JD2130 hydraulics work but no pressure when working loader or implament #10  
No problem.

I know PB and closed center terms are not supposed to be used together, but a PB port with adapter is used to make some valves a closed center valve.

I know all valves in an open center system are in series, and the line that carries the flow from one valve to another is called a PB line.

I also know that all valves in a closed center hyd system are in parallel, with one feed line or whatever you call it.

I know that only one relief valve is used for all valves in a parallel hyd system.

What would you call the flow/pressure line from a closed center pump? The supply line actually goes to an IN port on each valve.