JD2210

/ JD2210 #11  
I am useing the Power service Diesel Fuel additive and cetane boost. White bottle. It is sold at wally world, TSC, and most service stations that sell diesel. I too have a Duramax. I was told that essetially the DFA was not going to produce any viable results in the truck do to the common rail fuel injection system by a GMC service manager. Apparantly this is due to a lack of the traditional pumps and injectors that benefited in the past so much from the DFA. Dave

/ JD2210 #12  
Sometimes I get lost. Feel free to find me and put me back on track!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD2210 #13  
Maybee you need a PTO compass ? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Dave

/ JD2210 #14  
LMAO! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That was good!
I search for one!!

/ JD2210 #15  
lol, yeah You'll find them in isle three by the left handed smoke shifters and bacon stretchers ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Dave

/ JD2210
Wickman,

Green Thumb on Westerville Road in Columbus. Salesman has been great. Called me today to invite me in to have a mechanic completely go over the tractor with me. Show me all the lube points, how to operate everything, etc. They also included first service and agreed to pick up deliver for it. If you are around here you know nothing is close. That will be 45 minute drive for them. Nice for me though they are only 15 minutes from work.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD2210 #17  
I have talked to a number of DMax owners online who are running the Stanadyne additive. GM has stated that any water in the fuel can damage the pump and injectors. The standadyne additive encourages the water separation which supposedly helps protect the injection system.

Stanadyne's website also has a press release indicating that GM has approved the use of their additive in the DMax for the reasons stated above. The only other GM-approved additive is from Racor.

GM has had plenty of injector problems with the DMax. Not an epidemic but noticeable. With that in mind, I'll do anything I can to keep the fuel in the most desirable state possible.

/ JD2210 #18  
That sounds like good service!!
Be sure and check the mower deck adjustment knob over real good.

/ JD2210 #19  
Can you post the site where you got the DFA info from in regards to the Duramax ? Dave