Loader JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #1  

Mick Zarkey

Tractor
John Deere 2305
New to this forum. Any help and input will be much appreciated.
I just purchased a JD2305 that has about 370 hrs.. It came with a loader, backhoe, belly mower and JD snow blower.
The loader and backhoe worked great until the loader was removed and the blower attached. Once the blower was removed and the loader reattached, the loader control stick now operates in reverse of how it should; right and left now lowers and raises the loader and the forward and aft movement dumps and curls the bucket. I think the hoses were reattached correctly.
The owners manual does not go into much detail about this subject.
Has anyone experienced a situation like this one?

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed
Thanks, Kenny
I’ll give it a shot.

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #4  
Once you get the hoses connected correctly ('cause that's your problem) put matching colored ty wraps around each line and coupling so next time they are disconnected, you know how they go back. And, with the hydraulic implement safely on the ground and the engine stopped, move the control full motion all directions to relieve pressure in the lines so they can be reconnected with less resistance in the couplings.

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #5  
I removed all of the bulky color coded storage caps off of my loader hoses and replaced with colored zip ties. In 2000 hours I have never removed the loader on my last 2 tractors though.

Once you get the hoses connected correctly ('cause that's your problem) put matching colored ty wraps around each line and coupling so next time they are disconnected, you know how they go back. And, with the hydraulic implement safely on the ground and the engine stopped, move the control full motion all directions to relieve pressure in the lines so they can be reconnected with less resistance in the couplings.
Thanks, Jims
When I bought the machine there were color-coded caps and plugs dangling from the manifold but I didn’t do a close inspection; they were just randomly installed. Once removed it was just a bowl of spaghetti, just a lot of guessing to where they belonged.

I removed all of the bulky color coded storage caps off of my loader hoses and replaced with colored zip ties. In 2000 hours I have never removed the loader on my last 2 tractors though.
Thanks, RJ
I probably never should have removed this one. But removing and reinstallation was easy…just the hydraulic debacle.

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #8  
I have color coded caps/plugs for my loader but I just used colored electrical tape to mark my snow plow hoses because I had that and all my zip ties are black. No matter how you mark them it saves time. :)

Thanks, Kenny👍

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #10  
Thanks, RJ
I probably never should have removed this one. But removing and reinstallation was easy…just the hydraulic debacle.
If you are like me and use the tractor to mow or plow snow, or use it with rear implements in a tight area, you will be taking the loader off quite a lot. I probably have mine off and on 40 or 50 times a year. If you do take it on and off, learn how to replace the O-rings in the hydraulic ports. It's cheap and easy and you will eventually need to do that.