JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly #1  

Bundi

Tractor
JD 1025r FILB
Does anyone have one of these? If so how does it work? I have the hardest time figuring out how and where to store my Backhoe when not on my machine and this looks AWESOME if it is durable. Stumbled across it when looking at the tooth bars hoping for one for my 1025r

Backhoe Storage Dolly

Hope the link worked

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly #3  
I recently purchased one for my Kubota BX. It works just as described. You will need a hard surface to roll it. I keep mine in my garage. It's easy to load the hoe on the dolly and then just roll it out of the way. Installing the hoe on the tractor from the dolly is just as simple. I also have the loader dolly. When they are both off the tractor I "nest" them in the garage. The bucket end of the hoe fits between the loader arms.

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly #4  
I purchased four dolly wheels from the surplus store, some 2"x6" pine and made a dolly for my BH. Not elegant, but works and cheap - no welding skill required. Also made similar for the Ballast Box.

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly
I may take a stab at one of these ideas. I have a couple old Moving Dolly's and can re-purpose the wheels. Something to work on this weekend if wife allows me the time

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly #7  
Thought about using furniture dollys but I wanted to use a little better caster. The trick is to get the geometry right so you can lower the boom enough to lift the unit off without taking up more space than you have to.

/ JD260 Backhoe Storage Dolly #8  
I may take a stab at one of these ideas. I have a couple old Moving Dolly's and can re-purpose the wheels. Something to work on this weekend if wife allows me the time

Also keep in mind the weight of the BH and select casters accordingly. Larger will roll easier than smaller.

Well this weekends stab was a FAIL :mad: Tried to just use two 1000 lb capacity dolly's with some 2x12 and the wheels on one of the dollys just bent over. Looking online for some wheels. I will try to post some picks of what I end up with.

Have it built and working beautifully. Only issue is I am traveling the next couple weeks. Will post pics and dimensions when back. I did end up using casters from a furniture Dolly and think I will end up swapping them out.