Buying Advice JD3039R or 4044R for my use

/ JD3039R or 4044R for my use #1  

letour93

Tractor
JD3320
Hello everyone was wondering if I could get some advice on a new purchase. I've owned a JD 3320 open cab for 6 years and the unit has served me well. After the horrible winter we had last year thought it best to switch to a cab unit as I'm not getting any younger and with a blower off the back just not in the mood to suffer any longer. My dealer has both the 39 and 44. Pricing is about 5k between the two. Leaning towards the 39R as with the savings could use towards a box blade and finished rear mower. My concern however is if in the summer months with the ac going and a rear 72 frontier rotary cutter going will the unit bog down at all? My 33 has done well but with no cab and ac to add extra strain and weight just a little concerned. Any thoughts and or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Was also thinking of loading the tires with beet juice for some added stability as the wheelbase was truly the only concern I had with the three series units.

Thanking everyone in advance for your help.

/ JD3039R or 4044R for my use #2  
No issues with 3320 CAB using both AC and 72" MMM, so I doubt with extra HP of 3039 there would be a problem. The front bucket / rear blower makes a good combination for snow work. While a front blower would eliminate turning around, it is handy to have the bucket always available. Suggest, especially with a CAB, you get a hydraulic chute rotate. Did you try mounting the rear wheels in the wide position or even wheel spacers. The 3x20 series "feels" more unstable than it really is. Loaded tires will not help, in terms of soil compaction.

At one point, I considered the 4000 series to get greater loader capacity, but as you say, could not justify the added cost.

/ JD3039R or 4044R for my use
No issues with 3320 CAB using both AC and 72" MMM, so I doubt with extra HP of 3039 there would be a problem. The front bucket / rear blower makes a good combination for snow work. While a front blower would eliminate turning around, it is handy to have the bucket always available. Suggest, especially with a CAB, you get a hydraulic chute rotate. Did you try mounting the rear wheels in the wide position or even wheel spacers. The 3x20 series "feels" more unstable than it really is. Loaded tires will not help, in terms of soil compaction.

At one point, I considered the 4000 series to get greater loader capacity, but as you say, could not justify the added cost.

Thanks for the feedback. Been very pleased with my 3320 and the current setup. I actually flipped the rears last season to add the chains and it worked great. Noticed that there is a company manufacturing wheel spacers for the 3 family anywhere from 1.5" up to 4".