JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I've not posted much in some time.....but continue to read here on TBN and thank you guys for your knowledge. As I get older (71 now) I find myself more affected by the chaff and weed debris.....especially when cutting weeds and grasses. Takes me a few days to overcome the effects off this chit. I've owned a great JD 3320 open station for several years now.....but I feel the need for a cab. I suppose I have had about three run-ins with hornets over time.....and several more bad effects from the **** weeds and allegories that come with age. (it sucks getting old.....let me tell 'ya.....grin).

Anyway......I finally decided that I need a cab tractor and today. I visited the JD dealer and the Kubota dealer to start my search for a replacement tractor.

I have thus far centered my search on two models: The JD 3039R and the Kubota L3560....both with cab. They are both top line tractors and have many desirable features to me.

Ive owned a few tractors in the past.....and these represent the best size for me for several reasons. I do need to stay under a 8 foot high door opening......and I like using mostly 5' and 6' implements. I have about 10 implements....and I do not want to Up-size or down-size too many of them.

My old 3320 has been almost ideal for what I do......but I have felt the pucker-factor on a few occasions when picking up heavy loads and uneven ground. The Kub0ta would make this somewhat better I suppose. Still....the Kubota would likely make me got to a larger rear cutter and a different grapple and bucket. Which is gonna cost me more bucks.

I like many of the features on the Kubota over the JD.........but I suppose price will influence me in a big way. Im getting prices now on both tractors.......and I will know more in a fe days. Thus far it look like I can trade the JD 3039r with my 3320 open station for about 20K. Not sure it this is a deal.....or no deal.

Waiting on the Kubota price. Any ideas or suggestions thus far?

One thing about changing brands is that I will need a different bucket and grapple with the Kubota. That kinda sucks.....as I do like the situation I have now. (JD HD 60" bucket with tooth bar.......and a Markam 48' grapple with a single cylinder.). Not sure how this arrangement will work. I do like the universal FEL of the Kubota......but it will cost me to switch from the JD situation I now have. Grrrrr.

Advice?

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #2  
You may want to compare the L4060 to the 3039R since that'll be closer HP-wise. As for prices you can expect to knock off 12-15% depending on implements and incentives. Recently quoted an open station L4060 + loader and forks for ~28.5k in our area on 33.8k MSRP.

My hunch is that the L3560 will come in cheaper. How's the JD stack up against HST+ and all the options the LXX60 offers? That was largely what is pushing me towards a LXX60 instead of LXX01.

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #3  
I've got the 4060 Kubota and the cab is amazing. My temps hit 110-120 plus on a daily basis. Will be 118 this Friday, and I could not do any work without the cab, PERIOD.

My wife and I were working on some brush cutting in the heat we left the tractor running with the air on and would both get inside to cool off and drink water every 20 minutes or so. So technically the Kubota saved our lives.

This is my second Kubota, the first on an 80's model sat in the desert fo 15 years as I was using my other tractor. One day I decided to see if it still ran. I filled up the tires, put in a battery and she fired right up, same fuel, oil, hydro fluids. I ran her thad day fo 8 hours and performed like new.

I paid only 4K for that best in the 80's used and sold it 30 years later 8K after woking her like a dog.

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs
Thanks for the info. I am pricing both the Kubota L 3560 HSTC and the L4060 HSTC. If the price difference is reasonable......I will spring for the extra ponies.

Got preliminary numbers from the Kubota dealer. Price for the 40 vs the 35 tractors is pretty steep......over$8000. Seems like too much extra for the 5 HP. Looks like the JD deal will be far less money.....plus I wont need a bucket or a new grapple and my rear cutter will be the same width. Hard to change brands for me.

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #6  
You mentioned you wanted to fit it in an 8' entrance, I too have that situation. I went with the Kubota L3560HSTC as I have had several Kubota's. I looked at the 4060, but the height put it out of the question, the 3560 fits with less than 1" clearance. I went to the dealer with my tape measure to make sure of the height before I made the deal.

You mentioned you wanted to fit it in an 8' entrance, I too have that situation. I went with the Kubota L3560HSTC as I have had several Kubota's. I looked at the 4060, but the height put it out of the question, the 3560 fits with less than 1" clearance. I went to the dealer with my tape measure to make sure of the height before I made the deal.

Yep.....I did the same thing and measured a 3560cab.....but not a 4060. I was told that either would fit under my 8' door tho......and the salesman was adamant about knowing this. Hmmmmm. No problems with the JD product.

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #8  
If you are looking at a cab definitely check out the AC performance on a very hot day. I took my father out last week in the 103 degree TX heat. The JDs (4 series and 5 series) underperformed the M6060 or M7060 as far as cooling. Not sure if they needed an adjustment, but it was noticeable. Changing RPMs did not impact efficiency. This was not a scientific test, so please do your own research!

/ JD3039R vs Kubota L3560. - cabs #9  
If you are looking at a cab definitely check out the AC performance on a very hot day. I took my father out last week in the 103 degree TX heat. The JDs (4 series and 5 series) underperformed the M6060 or M7060 as far as cooling. Not sure if they needed an adjustment, but it was noticeable. Changing RPMs did not impact efficiency. This was not a scientific test, so please do your own research!

I feel like there is issue with those JD air conditioners. Low gas, bad filters or such.

I got two proposals on the JD 3039R Hydro, and the Kubota L 3560 Hydro. (the L 4060 is another 10k and just out of my league / needs.).

I do prefer the Kubota for all its standard features, more weight, bigger hydarulic and lift, bigger cab) but when I put fluid in the tires in both and put spacers on the rear of the JD......I still get more HP with the Deere.....and it will handle all I need for loader, etc. Then too....I need to factor in a new grapple with the Kubota......and I have one to fit the Deere. I suppose my used grapple would sell fast and I am faction that in too......trying to compare apples with apples.

If the Boata was priced somewhat less ($2.0 k) I think I would bite.......but at this point I am paying more for orange than green.....and I am still somewhat of a Deere guy. Still working my deal(s) with these guys. Hard to know what will shake out until I press them a bit more.

Drove the Kubota today.......like some of their features a whole lot. Hmmmm......the plot thickens.