JD3320 Question

/ JD3320 Question #1  

bobsphotos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320 Ford 641 Ford 861 Kubota L3400
In the spring I want to add a top link hydraulic valve to my 3320 and I need to ask a few questions. I apoligize ahead of time for using incorrect technical terms. I bought the tractor with a backhoe so it has live hydraulics already plumbed and I also bought it with the factory installed 3rd scv that I am using for the angle on my snowplow. I want to leave the 3rd scv available for a potential grapple bucket so is there any reason that I cannot plumb in a new valve for the top link using the backhoe circuit ? I have included a pic of my tractor hydraulics and I have a question about a connection. If you look at the picture, #1 & #2 are my live backhoe connections. Can anyone tell me what connection #3 is for?
Thanks

Attachments

• 3320.jpg
    3320.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 171
   / JD3320 Question #2  
#3 is a direct return to the tank-bypassing the 3PH. It is used when the backhoe is mounted.

You can plumb a valve into the couplers like you want...or you could use a diverter to basically split the 3rd SCV into two controls.

/ JD3320 Question
Hey KennyD,
I want to go the route of adding a valve that I can mount in a spot where I can reach it from both the seat and from the back. Can you suggest a valve to use?
Thanks,
Bob W

/ JD3320 Question #4  
Hey KennyD,
I want to go the route of adding a valve that I can mount in a spot where I can reach it from both the seat and from the back. Can you suggest a valve to use?
Thanks,
Bob W

Sure...How many spools (functions) do you want/need?

The other option, and probably cheaper option is to add a diverter to the loaders dump/curl circuit to operate the plow and 4n1. It would be a cleaner install also and leave your 3rd SCV for the HTL.

/ JD3320 Question
Hi Kenny,
One spool is all I will need and one of the big reasons to add a physical valve is for accessability from the seat and from the back of the tractor.

/ JD3320 Question #6  
:confused:-You don't need to operate a plow or 4n1 from the back of the tractor...how does that change what I suggested?

HERE is a basic 1 spooler w/PB (the plug is extra)

/ JD3320 Question
The main reason for adding the valve is for a hydraulic top link and since I use Pats easy change instead of a quick change as you do, I will have to adjust the cylinder every time I change an attachment and it will not be easy reaching way up in front of the seat to adjust it.:(

/ JD3320 Question #8  
   / JD3320 Question
Cocre,
I appreciate the input, and I have read your thread but you are talkin to a hyd newbie.:D

/ JD3320 Question #10  
The main reason for adding the valve is for a hydraulic top link and since I use Pats easy change instead of a quick change as you do, I will have to adjust the cylinder every time I change an attachment and it will not be easy reaching way up in front of the seat to adjust it.:(

That is why I wrote this:
The other option, and probably cheaper option is to add a diverter to the loaders dump/curl circuit to operate the plow and 4n1. It would be a cleaner install also and leave your 3rd SCV for the HTL.

The lever for the 3rd SCV is not that hard to reach from the rear...