JD4300 4WD SRT brakes will not disengage fully HELP!

/ JD4300 4WD SRT brakes will not disengage fully HELP! #1  

texasyankee

Tractor
jd4300, jdlx255
suddenly I noticed that my 4300 seems to be "dragging" but will move. The brakes seem to be slightly engaged.

The linkage all looks to be fine.

Almost as if it will not fully disengage the brakes after using the parking brake.

Does the hydraulic fluid level affect the brakes?

/ JD4300 4WD SRT brakes will not disengage fully HELP! #2  
On my 4310 the linkage seems to stick where it goes into the rear axle. A little lube seems to help.

/ JD4300 4WD SRT brakes will not disengage fully HELP! #3  
On my 4310 the linkage seems to stick where it goes into the rear axle. A little lube seems to help.

Exactly, it's a common problem on these machines. Fluid Film works great for that. There are also return springs on each side that are known to break.

/ JD4300 4WD SRT brakes will not disengage fully HELP!
After getting under the tractor completely I attempted the "hammer the brake lever backwards where it attaches to the axle" resulting in very little movement. I then noticed that the linkage for the Left Side was bent ... DOH! When I heard that the dealer would have to order the 2 long rods at $35 each I decided to attempt a self repair. Rods now are almost perfect and the brakes work great! I will take the fluid film advice. Thanks for the feedback and help!