JD4310 VS NH TC35

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35
I have new question. I went to look at the TC35 again today after looking at the JD 4310. The NH dealer is also a Kubota dealer and showed me a L3710 with Shuttle transmision and quoted me the same price as the Deere and NH (17,900 w/ Loader). He also said if I went NH I should go with the TC40. I have now driven all three units. I like all of them. I have some concerns around each though. I looked at the spreadsheet someput out on this board, and it is great. Here are my issues with each, let me know whay yall think.

JD 4310 ePowerReverser Trans, 4WD,430 loader
I think this is a great unit, just not sure about all the fancy electronic gagets to it, Trans, PTO, 4WD engagement?? Looks like nice features but how reliable? (in the long run)

NH TC35/40, LA16 FEL
I like the size but compared to others in its class it seems over framed for the size engine? Quality ??

Kubota 3710 FST, LA682 FEL
I like the driving this unit , It had the FST Trany , and the dealer said you could shift from forward to reverse without using the clutch , is that the case?. Seems like more HP for the $, and seems like less bells and whisles and alittle stronger built (IMO)

Funny thing is that I have heard alot of good said about all these units. I have some friends that swear by Kubota, JD etc. I agree with the Dealer Quality being key though.

Have not made a decision yet though.

Just sitting on a three way fence :)

gellison

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #12  
"Trans, PTO, 4WD engagement?? Looks like nice features but how reliable? (in the long run)"

I've had a JD with the PTO engagement switch you are talking about. It has never been an issue.

Push button MFWD has been out for years on trucks. So there's nothing new there.

I don't know about the ePowerReverser but I do have a ehydro with all those electronic gadgets. One is a cruise control and we all know how long that's been out. I don't know much about the Load Match and Speed Match feaures. All I can tell you is they do work.

Billy

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #13  
Whatever you do...don't visit a Kioti dealer. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>Now, before anyone takes offense, this is actually a compliment for Kioti.</font color=red>

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #14  
As good as the Kubota L3710 is and that is a good price, it's been replaced with a stronger version, the L 3830 more loader, more hydraulic capacity, stronger 3 pt. reclining, armrest seat and a bunch of other features. The difference may well be though that the price for a new L3830 will be considerably more making the L3710 a great buy. The FST transmission is easily shifted between forward and reverse with no clutch. You don't want to be rolling much when you do it though. I use it daily on a L4850 and find it works very nice. Rat..

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #15  
BD, I like the Coyote Kioti uses for their logo. Have yet to sit and feel a real live Kioti, in fact, I don't even know where the dealer is in my area although I know a quick search would get me one. The last time I was at their website it was a little lacking on info, especially about the loaders and what went where. Looked like a swell tractor company though, it reminded me so much of another company I've seen around but just can't remember who. [[[/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif]]] Rat

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #16  
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The FST transmission is easily shifted between forward and reverse with no clutch

<hr></blockquote>

Are your sure? I know the GST is no clutch, but I think the FST needs a clutch like most other non-electronic shuttles.

Mark

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #17  
<font color=green>all the fancy electronic gagets to it</font color=green>
JD - Do a search on the JD owning forum about the operating system issues.

<font color=blue>over framed for the size engine</font color=blue>
NH - I own a TC40D and weight is GOOD. Compared to the other two, I think it significantly outweighs it. Higher horsepower is good, but if the tires are spinning, it does nothing for you. There are some issues with the NH design (cool running the most significant), but many fewer in the gear-drive versions. I think the loader lift capacity is the highest of these three. Make sure to order the DELUXE 3pt hitch that is optional on the gear drives.

<font color=orange>dealer said you could shift from forward to reverse without using the clutch </font color=orange>
On the GST tranny, you shift without a clutch, but the FST requires using the clutch like most non-electronic shuttles. Maybe the dealer said you don't have to STOP to shift with the FST, but that will be the case with all synchronized shuttle shifts. Like the JD, the GST tranny uses electronics to engage the clutch packs for clutchless shifting. As others have said, the 3710 is last year's model and the 3830 is its replacement. EVERYTHING on this unit has been upgraded - higher weight, hp, lift capacities, etc. but you may not get as good of a deal.

Hope this helps,
Mark

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #18  
in my opinion the new kubota 30 series is the most bang for the buck.1850 lift capacity on fel [i think]hydro trany is smooth,the new n.h. models will have the d pkg [ext hitch,folding rops,susp seat,floor mats,ect] offered with the syncro trany[soon].test drives and with time spent on each of the three machines you should be able to start to eliminate a model[or two].bws

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35
Gellison: Compare apples/apples. Start with engine size (cubic inches), or, PTO hp (thats what gets used to do your work for you). I've looked at the computer chipped JDs. How long are you going to keep it? Do you care about repair costs? It you are going to trade it in a few years (or when the warranty runs out) and don't care about repair bills, the JD computer chipped tractors are slick. I have discussed this with JD mechanics and the REAL purpose (aside from marketing issues) is to reduce warranty costs when the tractor is "abused" by inexperienced people-the chips "track" what you do!!!! There has been mention in this thread of the new Kub 3830s. Please note as mentioned above, the cost to replace the video game dashboard if anything goes wrong is $200-$250. Also the engine has been cut to 3 cylinder (not that that is bad, it's just the 4 cyl is smoother). I very seriously considered the Kubs myself as they are certainly nice tractors. But unless you have lots of money and don't care about what repairs cost, the NH (at least the geared ones) should be less expensive to keep up OVER THE LONG RUN. (Note: the fact someone has not had problems with the doodads in a few hundred hours, does NOT prove long term reliability-imagine trying to find specific chips 15 or 20 years from now when there is only ONE source!). Simple example with the Kub: the hydraulic pump is inside the transaxle case. If that goes out, the thing has to be split open to repair. On the NH, its simply bolted to the engine. And so on. Again, it depends on whether you're planning to keep it a long while and whether you care about long term repair issues. If you arn't and don't, any of the choices mentioned are super. If you do, note that the NH (at least the geared) represent a heritage going back 80 years, from the Fordson, through the 9N, the Jubilee to the 1720, 1920 and 2120 series. The current NH, at least the TC35, TC40, TC45s are the latest evolution in that tradition. As has been mentioned elsewhere, if the price you are getting for the TC40 vs the TC35 is modest that might be a better choice because of the engine size. The chassis, weight etc. are otherwise the same.

BWS: I don't think he can get the "D"eluxe package on the geared for another 6 months or so. The deluxe hitch, optional dual steps, tool box etc can be added individually. As far as guages, the dealer has installed oil pressure, ammeter and temp guage on mine. See my post under "guages".

JEH

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #20  
I believe it is clutchless even though I don't own one. My experience with the Kubota L4850, a synchro tranny as well is it is clutchless shifting for Forward/Reverse, not for shifting between gears, it works beautifully. The brochue and manual also say this, Rat...