jd445 power steering problems

/ jd445 power steering problems #1  

pallegretti

Tractor
jd445
I just replaced the main hose to the ps valve that had rubbed through at the hanger. I also replaced the o-rings for the steering lines while I was under there. Now the steering will jump all the way to one side if the wheel is turned slightly. Hyd. fluid level is fine and the filter was changed 200 hrs. ago. I thought I may have reversed the steering cylinder lines and switched them- no difference except the wheels turn left when the steering wheel turns right! I somehow introduced a demon into the system! What's going on?

/ jd445 power steering problems #2  
Have you operated the steering enough to have all air out of it? It may take several times.

/ jd445 power steering problems
Have you operated the steering enough to have all air out of it? It may take several times.
I ran the machine, turned the wheel about a dozen times each way, end to end. The steering wheel jumps out of my hands and turns itself at points. Drove forward and back (without touching steering wheel), deck up and down. No change.

/ jd445 power steering problems #4  
Don't have your answer, but I do have a PDF of the technical manual you're welcome to, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe

/ jd445 power steering problems
I figured it out. Crossed one of the power steering cylinder lines with the feed line putting them back into the ps housing. Back to normal.

/ jd445 power steering problems #6  
You probably fitted one of the pipes in the wrong place. Go back and double-check your hose routing?

:wrench:

Edit:

Just posting at the same time! I saw your thread last night and have been looking at the schematic to come to my above conclusion. Looks like you got it anyhow. Well done.
Regards,

:wrench: