JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire

Item Details
Item status
  1. Sold
If anybody in the New Hampshire area is in the market for a 790 my sister is selling my late brother in laws machine. I know it is an early 2000 model. I am going to guess around an 01 / 02. It has lived all it's current life in their carriage house (barn). It has approx. 160 hours, comes with a JD loader, backhoe, brushog, owners manuals etc. It is going on the market with a price in the 15K range.
The tractor lives about 5 miles away from me, so I can easily get more definate details and pictures if anybody is interested.

/ JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire
Here are some pictures of the tractor with loader / backhoe.
The hour meter shows 165 hours.
The brushhog is a John Deere LX5
The tractor shows some marks of normal wear and tear. Wear marks from the soles of the shoes on the floor boards, one dent in the grill screen, paint rubbed off the backhoe and stabelizers etc.
We have settled on an asking price of $16,000 for the whole package. All reasonable offers will certainly be considered.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    760.2 KB · Views: 191
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 217
   / JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire #5  
Mark, you should have no problem getting that price for it. I wouldn't go lower. Just advertise it heavy. The guy that bought it contacted me through the wash post. But I got a lot of interest off of craigs list. Some from tractor house too. Good Luck

Thanks, I figure it is certainly a fair price. Hopefully being the season it is, there will be lots of people thinking of spring projects and somebody will grab it up quickly. Make it a quick sale for my sister and a good bargain for a buyer.
I am going to make up some local flyers for the area bullatin boards, list it on craigslist. She is handling my BIL's passing pretty well, but I think a quick, clean honest sale will be better and easier for her vs. dragging it out trying to hold out for the long dollar.
For the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, The backhoe would be nice, I have a few projects I could do with it. but I just don't need 2 tractors.

/ JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire #7  
Sorry to here about your BIL Mark . I,d say post it on CL also . It would be gone in 15 minutes around here , I just bought a newer tractor off of Cl myself or I,d have bought it in a heartbeat . Mine didn,t come with a Backhoe :( . Best of luck . Bob

/ JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire #8  
Mark, Where can it be seen in NH? Was it serviced by the dealer? Any local dealer? Not being a JD790 expert can you tell me how it compares to a BX25?
Sorry for the questions but I am a Tractor newbie! :)

Mark, Where can it be seen in NH? Was it serviced by the dealer? Any local dealer? Not being a JD790 expert can you tell me how it compares to a BX25?
Sorry for the questions but I am a Tractor newbie! :)

The tractor is in the barn at my sisters house in Center Harbor, zip 03226, maybe a mile or so from where the Mount Washington is docked.
The tractor was purchased new from Hawkenson Equipment, (who has since gone out of business) somwhere around 2001-2002 as I recall. I am sure if I dug into his papers or checked a serial number I could get the exact model year. Pat was never a real mechanical kind of guy. He also has 2 JD riding mowers purchased from the same dealer and I know they did all the service and repairs on the mowers, so any servicing on the tractor would surely have been done by the dealer. The LX5 brushog was only purchased a few years ago as I recall and knowing Pat it has only ben used a few times.
As far as a comparison to a BX25, I wouldn't know where to begin. The 790's to my limited knowledge are a basic gear driven tractor. I don't believe they have much for fancy bells and whistles. Hopefully some JD owners here will pitch in with some info. I believe a 790 is a 30HP, the BX25 is listed at 23HP. Much beyond this info, this forum and the manf. websites will be your best source of comparison information.
The tractor can be looked at most any day or evening.

/ JD790 For Sale in New Hampshire #10  
I am not far, 03230, but have a hilly property and was looking for a hydro but is it 4WD? Any options installed? I have located a dealer in Concord.
Regards, Kayakin2