Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #11  
Might be a good time to get a copy of the tech manual for the 5310. Dealer or a place like ebay. That will be a big help for your friend as well as yourself.

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310
Yes, early on a kind member of this forum actually pm'ed me and sent me the doc in PDF format. I couldn't believe his kindness. :thumbsup:

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #13  
I would sure like a copy of the tech manual in PDF form for my 5310. I have not been able to find it anywhere.

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #14  
I took out the relief valve and it looks fine. Put it back and no change.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is that I have an air leak somewhere, perhaps one of my hoses is bad. I have a friend in town with a hydraulics shop and I'll be taking my tractor to him as soon as I get my trailer fixed.
The suction hose would be the one to really look at because the others would be leaking oil...

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #16  
Hose is #14. Orings #19 and #21 could also leak air into the suction line.

Attachments

• LVP3924________UN04FEB03.gif
    LVP3924________UN04FEB03.gif
    20 KB · Views: 993
Thank you sir. I'll have a look see tomorrow.

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #18  
Hey DRW, what'd you find out on this? Having the same issue.

I actually never got it fixed and the tractor is sitting, waiting for me to get back to it. Interestingly, my little Kubota tractor started exhibiting the same behavior and I quickly found that there was a crack in one of the non-pressurized hoses that is under the clutch. It was sucking air into the hose.

I am certain the problem here is that air is getting sucked in to the system somehow. One day I will clean all the hoses off and make the tractor clean, then start it and run the hydraulics. Any cracks or leaks will hopefully show oil dripping and then I'll know where my leak is.

/ Jerky hydraulics on JD 5310 #20  
It sounds like the suction line is usually suspect on these... I will dig into it further and let you know how things go on my side... probably not going to happen for a week or so... Thanks your response!