Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch.

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch. #1  

andy1dr

Tractor
JIANGXI 184-4
Does anyone happen to know how many leads are on the ignition switch, it is the Feng Shou 184 (maybe 284). Four wheel drive, two cylinder diesel engine. I found the following on ali express that states it is the ignition switch for the tractor. But if anyone could confirm if it only has 4 leads. I haven't had an opportunity to take the dash off to verify myself.

As a side note, I was able to purchase a new starter for the tractor on Ali Express. Only downside was the shipping cost more than the starter! :(

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch. #2  
Feng Shou tractors are now called Mahindra. Contact a dealer nearest you.

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch.
Feng Shou tractors are now called Mahindra. Contact a dealer nearest you.

Thanks, I have contacted Mahindra in the past when I was trying to purchase a new starter for my tractor. They don't really have much information on the Jiangxi Feng Shou tractors.

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch. #4  
I presume then that you need a key switch (no ignition on diesel engines) with a glow plug position. I suggest this bullet proof solution that I've used personally. Caterpillar has also used this same switch.

I presume then that you need a key switch (no ignition on diesel engines) with a glow plug position. I suggest this bullet proof solution that I've used personally. Caterpillar has also used this same switch.

How many connections are on the back side of that Switch, and yes, I meant key switch with a glow plug position.

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch. #6  
There are cheaper versions on Ebay. This switch is also available without a key, just has a handle.

1686326240964.png

1686325602314.png

Last edited:
As an update, after the weather got warm and the ignition switch wasn't used, it started functioning again. I do appreciate the replies to my original post

/ Jiangxi Feng Shou 184 ignition switch. #8  
As an update, after the weather got warm and the ignition switch wasn't used, it started functioning again. I do appreciate the replies to my original post
So here we go until next time. It isn't fixed yet. Let us know when it fails again.