Jimna low loader lift.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #11  
Here is a picture of the gauge and where it should be located.
FELPressureGauge.jpg

/ Jimna low loader lift. #12  
You may also be using hydraulic fluid that is too thick and/or contaminated. Many owners have drained/flushed the horrid stuff that comes with the tractor and replaced it with proper AW32/ISO32 hydraulic fluid.

//greg//

/ Jimna low loader lift. #13  
You can get a gauge from Bailey's Pressure Gauges or other hydraulic supply. Or probably from one of the dealers who advertise here. The pressure relief valve is located in the loader control valve. On the old style Jinma control valve it is the larger protuberance on the bottom of the valve block. If you take it apart, be aware that it is under spring pressure and stuff may go flying of you're not watching. Don't mess with it until you have a pressure gauge installed though, and check what the parts manual shows before tearing into it. If in doubt about your abilities, get help from a pro - hydraulics aren't mysterious but they can be dangerous to the uninitiated.

/ Jimna low loader lift.
Thanks, this is great.
Do you happen to know what size and thread pipe it is?

My hydraulic fluid is fine, I replaced it.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #15  
Thanks, this is great.
Do you happen to know what size and thread pipe it is?

My hydraulic fluid is fine, I replaced it.

But what did you replace it with? AW-32 hydraulic oil, or UTF?

/ Jimna low loader lift. #17  
In your location, I think I'd want AW-32 hydraulic fluid instead. I just don't have much faith in those "universal" fluids.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #18  
"Tractor Hydraulic Fluid". What they guy said at the C-A-L Ranch store.

And the guy in the ranch store got his lubrication engineering degree where?

/ Jimna low loader lift. #19  
"Tractor Hydraulic Fluid". What they guy said at the C-A-L Ranch store.
That stuff is formulated for common sump tractors where gear boxes and hydraulics share the same fluid. Yours has separate sumps, meaning two different kinds of fluid; gear oil and hydraulic fluid. In your case, THF is too thick for the hydraulics and too thin for the gears. Drain and refill the hydraulics with AW32, If you don't see AW32 locally, ISO32 is the same thing. To be safe, you might also want to drain the gear boxes and differentials as well, and refill them with 80W90 gear oil.

//greg//

/ Jimna low loader lift. #20  
What Rich, Bob and Greg said. "Tractor Hydraulic Fluid" or "Universal Tractor Fluid" is too thick for a simple hydraulic system. It is closer to 30wt motor oil and is designed for hydrostatic drive transmissions. This is why you get the slow response/need to warm up before the hydraulics all work correctly. Your hydraulic pump was designed to make pressure, not pull suction, and it is way more difficult to pull that thicker fluid thru the feedpipe from the sump than it would be to pull a much thinner AW-32 hydraulic fluid...