Jinma 200 power steering

/ Jinma 200 power steering #1  

Rick52

Tractor
Tractor King 200
Hello everyone, I have a Tractor King 200 2wd with power steering. Who else has one? Mine does not turn very sharp at all. The front tires don't even really make a 45 degree turn. Is there any adjustments that I am not aware of? The turn stops on the axle don't touch.

/ Jinma 200 power steering #2  
Is that in both directions or only one direction?

/ Jinma 200 power steering
Both directions.

/ Jinma 200 power steering #4  
Hmmm, I have had a tie-rod end come loose and unscrew off the cylinder rod, but this only effects/limits steerng in one direction.

Unless I am missing something, the only way I could see this problem(both directions)is if a hydraulic cylinder was used that has too short a stroke. IE: You run out of cyinder travel before you reach the physical stops on the axle. Got a picture of your front axle, in particular how the hydraulic cylinder is rigged? Now one thing i could see being done is a collar being added over the cylinder rod between the cylinder body and the rod end that attaches to the axle/steering. This would shorten the available cylinder stroke. The reason for this would be that someone was afraid that the hydraulic cylinder force might possibly damage the cast iron axle housing/steering components and break something if it got up against the stops before the cylinder reaches the end of it's stroke.

/ Jinma 200 power steering
Thank you Ron for your reply. I was incorrect on both directions. Turning it to the left the stop's lack about a quarter of a inch. But to the right there is about 5/8's of a inch. I guess I didn't realize I must turn more to the right than the left. Lol I had my wife wiggle the steering wheel and I did notice the tie rode end on the cylinder had some play. I will order one Monday.

/ Jinma 200 power steering #6  
Does it have a rubber boot? If so the tie rod end is screwed onto the end of the cylinder rod and has a lock nut(under the boot). Unless you are refering to what the tie rod end is attaching to being loose? That nut under the boot is probably loose and only needs to be tightened. You can adjust the tie rod end on the cylinder rod to center the steering at the same time. that is what happened to mine, and was an easy fix.

If you are replacing it because of the length, I would confirm the length/stroke of the replacement first, as the replacement may be the same size as what you have now...