Jinma 224 blowing fuse!

/ Jinma 224 blowing fuse!
Makes sense! I will get me a new switch. Thanks for all of your help.

David

/ Jinma 224 blowing fuse! #12  
David-
When you replace the cl safety sw have someone on the tractor pushing in the clutch pedal (to max) then adjust the clutch sw so it just makes contact. That adjustment was the only time I could get my wife on the tractor:D Hopefully this will keep the new sw from crapping out -Ed

/ Jinma 224 blowing fuse! #13  
First off, it's a good thing you found your problem since chasing electrical shorts is a small PITA. These guys all had the same problem with that clutch safety switch and I did too with my wife's brand new Jinma 284. It was so bad that it fried the small wires on the switch going to it. The wires coming from the tractor were like 12ga and the switch wires were smaller like 14 or 16ga. I heard them sizzle when I was looking at the switch while my wife attempted to start the tractor. I could see the plastic sheathing just fry up. I was lucky to see it or I would still be looking for the starting problem today.

What studor said about the switch being toast is probably correct. what happened with mine is that not only was it set so the switch itself acted like the clutch pedal stop, but I found that the back of the switch where the wire connectors are were being pushed up against the tranny or bell housing causing a short. The back of the switch is plastic and the contacts would move in it, like they were loose. This was the initial problem with sometimes starting and sometimes not. The problem is there is not much adjustment and that little bracket doesn't seem to keep the switch far enough away from contacting the housing when it's backed out far enough to keep the pedal from smashing it. A combination of pedal stop (move it out a bit) and proper switch location is what's needed. Also, set it far away from the housing but still so it contacts the clutch pedal to activate the switch.

Right now I removed the switch from the circuit because it and it's wires fried, so I have no safety there. I don't recommend doing that and I need to get a replacement for it. I'd need to replace the small wires on the new switch to be equal in size to what comes from the tractor.
Here is a good thread where I showed all we did to her 284 Jinma. It might be helpful since it is very similar to your 224. My New Jinma
Here is a thread in another forum (similar thread) but it addresses your problem starting with reply #83 and photos in reply #91.
New Jinma

/ Jinma 224 blowing fuse! #14  
I had the same thing happen to me, kept on blowing main fuse. However, it was not the clutch saftey switch....it was the ignition switch. I found this out because I was looking for a bad ground. I pulled the ignition/key switch. Upon reinserting it, I touched two leads to metal or something, and the main fuse blew.

By the way the bad ground was on the fram of the tractor....the bolt where the neg attatches to the frame. Yeah it was tight. But there was no ground there....soon as I retorked the bolt I had power again.

Like you, I had a few problems under 50 hours, and it was a learning curve...past that, it has been really trouble free...I now have 250 hours on it.