Jinma 254 oil in bell housing

/ Jinma 254 oil in bell housing #1  

ttroid

Tractor
254 jinma
Hi all,
A buddy and myself bought a 2006 254, it runs but there is a milky oil coming out of the bell housing, I'm assuming either crank seal or tranny seal leaking and mixing with water (rain?) Any others encounter this? Weather has prevented doing any work on it yet.
Thanks for any insight

/ Jinma 254 oil in bell housing #2  
What is the condition of the transmission shift lever boot? If it is bad and is letting water into the transmission you need to get it out. Assuming the tractor has been stored exposed to the elements. The transmission shares fluid with the rear end so you have to drain and replace both.

Have you checked the oil level in the transmission? What about the engine oil level?

You should be able to determine if it is engine or gear oil just by the smell.

If it were mine I would let the tractor sit a day or two, then take samples from all the drain plugs and see what condition the oil is in. Drain a pint or two into a clear container and put it on the shelf for a day. Check for water that settles to the bottom. That will tell you which fluid is contaminated.

When I buy used equipment, one of the first things I do is complete filter and fluid changes. That way I KNOW what fluid is in it and when it was done. Piece of mind kind of thing.

/ Jinma 254 oil in bell housing #3  
Thats why it's always a good practice to put a plastic bucket over the trans shifter and exhaust pipe.