Jinma 254 starting issue

/ Jinma 254 starting issue #1  

bschiffelben

Tractor
Jinma 254
I have a couple of issues going on with my Jinma and starting.

1. It's been really difficult to start. I noticed I had a leak at the valve of my sediment bulb, so I replaced that and no more leak. In getting it going again, had my wife constantly hit the primary bulb and it eventually got going. Thought, ok just had to purge all the air out of the system. But went to start it today and it was acting the same. She started hitting the primary and it would act like it wanted to kick over, but no dice. Getting a dark grey smoke, wouldn't call it black smoke, as I try to start it. This led to my second issue...

2. As I went to try and start it again, I lost all power. None of my lights are showing when I turn the key or anything. Won't even try now. Checked all my fuses, all seem ok. Not sure what the heck is going on. Could it be a bad alternator or voltage regulator?

Thoughts on either of these issues?

/ Jinma 254 starting issue #2  
I have a couple of issues going on with my Jinma and starting.

1. It's been really difficult to start. I noticed I had a leak at the valve of my sediment bulb, so I replaced that and no more leak. In getting it going again, had my wife constantly hit the primary bulb and it eventually got going. Thought, ok just had to purge all the air out of the system. But went to start it today and it was acting the same. She started hitting the primary and it would act like it wanted to kick over, but no dice. Getting a dark grey smoke, wouldn't call it black smoke, as I try to start it. This led to my second issue...

2. As I went to try and start it again, I lost all power. None of my lights are showing when I turn the key or anything. Won't even try now. Checked all my fuses, all seem ok. Not sure what the heck is going on. Could it be a bad alternator or voltage regulator?

Thoughts on either of these issues?

Could be bad battery or connections. Is the engine turning over slowly? As engines age compression can drop and if you don't turn the engine over fast enough it may not be building enough pressure in the cylinder to create detonation. Just a thought..

What is the "primary bulb"?

/ Jinma 254 starting issue
Could be bad battery or connections. Is the engine turning over slowly? As engines age compression can drop and if you don't turn the engine over fast enough it may not be building enough pressure in the cylinder to create detonation. Just a thought..

What is the "primary bulb"?
Meant to put primer bulb, must have autocorrected.

It turns over fine, normal crank speed until the battery runs low on charge, then it slows down. I'll throw it on the charger for an hour, same thing. This is different, no power at all and it was a sudden stoppage of power.

/ Jinma 254 starting issue #4  
Meant to put primer bulb, must have autocorrected.

It turns over fine, normal crank speed until the battery runs low on charge, then it slows down. I'll throw it on the charger for an hour, same thing. This is different, no power at all and it was a sudden stoppage of power.

I would still suspect a potential bad connection or possible blown fuse for no power at all. Mice chewing wires?

Prior to it losing electrical power there might also be a possibility that the fuel line may be drawing air somewhere. Perhaps you could connect a new fuel line directly to a good fuel source and see if it runs properly. That is once you figure out the electrical issue.

/ Jinma 254 starting issue #5  
The way his went down, I suspect a lost ground