Jinma 284 Fuse Box Layout

/ Jinma 284 Fuse Box Layout #11  
As I asked in post 5 - do you have a multimeter?
You need one to check out those wires and determine where they go.
The first thing that I would do is to use the Ohmmeter and check for continuity between the heavy red wire at the switch and the wire that feeds the Horn Relay fuse. If so, that is the wire that feeds power to multiple fuses in the fusebox. As shown in the information from RonMar and myself, that wire should go on switch terminal #2 (IF the terminals on your new switch operate EXACTLY as the terminals on the original Jinma switch). This would mean that when the new switch is turned right to the first position (on) there is continuity between terminals 1 and 2 on the back of the switch.

/ Jinma 284 Fuse Box Layout
Hey again,

I finally found my multimeter and was able to trace some of the wires. So, it turns out the unlabeled single red wire going to post #3 is hooked up directly to the glow plugs and does not go through the separate glow plug fuse. This explains why that fuse was missing from the fuse box, no wires go to it at all! The wires that are attached to the back of the glow plug fuse at the panel go into a junction plug and the other side of the plug has the wires missing completely at that location.

With that being said, is it safe/correct for the glow plugs to be hooked up directly through the main fuse only? Could this be causing there to be too much current going through the fuse and be what is causing it to blow? When I disconnect the red wire from post 3 the starter is able to turn over and the fuse does not blow. So I am assuming this means either the plugs being hooked up directly to the main fuse is the problem or the glow plugs themselves are what is shorting out, does this sound correct?

By checking the resistance I did see that the bracket the glow plugs are attached to seems to be grounded to the frame of the tractor, I assume this is not normal? Overall the electrics on this tractor seem to be kind of butchered and I may someday in the future get a whole new harness and re-wire it up but for now I would just like to get the glow plugs working without blowing the fuse. If it is ok to have the starter and the plugs on the same fuse as it is now, I would probably plan on just getting new glow plugs and leaving the electrical hooked up as is.

I really appreciate your guys help on this, thanks again!