Chipper Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout #1  

Terryo

My daughter and I have chipped so many trees, limbs and brush over the past few months that the piles were getting in the way of our mowing. We tried chuting the chips into the back of the pickup but the pickup wouldn't go everywhere we needed it to and it was hard to unload. We tried chuting into the small dump wagon that my daughter pulls behind her garden tractor but we got as many chips on the tractor as we did into the wagon. So, we got this idea to try to redirect the chips more downward so they would go into the small wagon. We went to the hardware store and picked up a 24 inch length of 8 inch stovepipe tubing and a 90 degree elbow. We attached the elbow to the straight pipe with small metal screws. We cut two pieces of 1 inch EMT tubing and flattened the ends so we could attach them to the chipper and the elbow. We bolted a hook to the end of the stovepipe so we could attach it over the original chipper chute with a bungee cord. We had to buy only the stovepiping so it cost us less than $10. It took less than 20 minutes to fabricate. It also comes off and goes on within 10 - 15 seconds. It works great. Attached are a couple of photos.

Attachments

• Stovepipe_View_8x6.jpg
    Stovepipe_View_8x6.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Stovepipe_Output_8x6.jpg
    Stovepipe_Output_8x6.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 261
   / Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout #2  
I like it. I have been thinking about making my chute like some of the larger US made models. Taking the chut off and putting plates on the chipper and the chute. Then putting a ring over the chute with clamps to let the chute swivel around. It would be nice for me so I could swing the chute and not have to turn the tractor around every time I want to aim the chips.

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout #3  
Good thinking and an inexpensive solution to your problem!:)

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout #5  
Terryo,

Nice addition to your Jinma chipper. What hardware store did you get that 90* elbow? looks like it might even be adjustable. How about a few close ups of the attachment points. I'd like to copy your work for my Jinma chipper.

Larry

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout #6  
Too easy! Thanks for the idea...will modify my salsco chipper like this.

P

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper downspout
Kays Supply said:
I like it. I have been thinking about making my chute like some of the larger US made models. Taking the chut off and putting plates on the chipper and the chute. Then putting a ring over the chute with clamps to let the chute swivel around. It would be nice for me so I could swing the chute and not have to turn the tractor around every time I want to aim the chips.

Thanks for the comments.

I too, have some ideas about making a swivel arrangement. Some day I'll get around to it. I'd love to see some photos of yours when done.

Terry

weldingisfun said:
Good thinking and an inexpensive solution to your problem!:)

Thanks for the comments. Around here, all of our solutions have to be inexpensive.

Terry

3RRL said:
That is a great idea and a very simple solution.
Those photos are great too, thanks for posting.

Rob,

Thanks for the comments. My daughter is the camera guru. I'll tell her that you like her photos.

Terry

GuglioLS said:
Nice addition to your Jinma chipper. What hardware store did you get that 90* elbow? looks like it might even be adjustable. How about a few close ups of the attachment points. I'd like to copy your work for my Jinma chipper.

Larry,

We got the 8 inch tubing at Ace Hardware. The elbow we used is not adjustable but they had some that was. I'll post some close-up photos the first chance I get.

Terry