Jinma tractor wont start after working all day

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #1  

ryanrancher

Tractor
Jinma 25hp
Hi There,

Can anyone give me some insight into my problem. I was working the tractor for about an hour today, i turned off the tractor and came back a few minutes later and now the tractor will not turn over? Any suggestions on what it could be?

What i have tried was trying to start the tractor by jumping the starter with a screwdriver... i also tried jumpstarting the battery all with no success.

Thanks for any input... the tractor only has 30 hours on it.

ryan

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #2  
My jinma sometimes won't start when the starter is hot. Percussive maintenance -- tapping the starter with a hammer -- usually gets it going again.

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #3  
Got a volt meter? Does it go click or anything when you turn the key? Got any gauge indications of electrical power? Since the diesel engine, once running, dosn't require any power, you could have had some part of the wiring come loose from vibration and not be completing the circuit for starting.

In this case, I would use a volt meter and start at the battery terminals and start traceing voltage back towards the starter...

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #4  
If it will not turn over as in u engage the starter and it will not turn...but only does it when it is hot...
Maybe shield the starter w/ a race car Starter Heat Wrap.

Is the battery old? If it is perhaps dump it, old batterys need to be dumped anyways.

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #5  
If it will not start with a jump or a jump a screwdriver jump it must be the starter.

Chris

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #6  
   / Jinma tractor wont start after working all day
Found the problem.... fuse wasnt blown or any sign of damage; however, after i put the volt meter to the top 30 amp fuse it only lit up on one side. I replaced it and it works like a charm!

Thanks everyone!

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #8  
Found the problem.... fuse wasnt blown or any sign of damage; however, after i put the volt meter to the top 30 amp fuse it only lit up on one side. I replaced it and it works like a charm!

Thanks everyone!

I always try to find worn insulation even on circuits with low amp fuses. I'd be hunting the issue with a 30 amp pretty hard due to the heat it could generate short of blowing.

/ Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #9  
   / Jinma tractor wont start after working all day #10  
Glad you got it going, but You said:

"What i have tried was trying to start the tractor by jumping the starter with a screwdriver

This would have bypassed the 30 amp fuse, clutch switch,ect. and the starter would have worked if you had a good ground and hot from the battery ?

Tommy

Agree.