Jinma with ZL20 Fels

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #1  

JohnS

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Owners of Jinma 200 series with ZL20 FELs, please take note of this. This picture was recently sent to me from an owner. Needless to say, with only 100 hrs on tractor, he is very upset over this. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif While this might be contributed by other things, such as a bad casting, it should at least make some aware that these tractors are not indestructable.

BrokenHousing.jpg

Owners should consider making a rear axle support. An example is: this article But recommend welding to FEL support tubes. Three pt backhoe users, should also consider the stress is going through the transmission/bell housing as well. The frame mount helps distribute the stress.

Also, consider how some adjust the pressure relief valve, without any gauges. Most of the time things are OK, but "bad" things can happen, as well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not saying that had anything to do with this particular incident.

PS: If this info has not made it to CTOA, please post it there as well. I will post similar at NYCTO.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #2  
Wow! Looks brutal /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif As always thanks for the great website and a breakdown of a fix.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #3  
John, I followed your link to the directions, I have a concern/question.
Why would you use U bolts instead of cutting out steel in U shape to fit around FEL bracket then welding. I would think it would be a more secure arrangment.
What does the rear attachment look like? I do not fully understand how the "brace" attaches to the rear axel.
Finally how does this strengthen the FEL?

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels
Yes, I agree that the plate and weld is much better than U bolts. My goal was a bolt-on, no welding solution. Given these pictures, would recommend the welding solution.

The rear bolts directly under the axle using the existing bolts. I'll try to add a picture, this weekend.

It doesn't strengthen the FEL, it distributes some of the stress off the bell housing/transmission. This type of support is found on many tractors and FELs.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #5  
Boy that looks BAD: glad mine has not had anything like that happen:

seven: the U bolts make it removeable incase you wish later to remove the FEL. also you HAVE to get to the clutch adj area too. removal of the bracket can be done while leaving the FEL on for clutch adjustment, like I did for the post describing clutch adjustment that artical I wrote. Also welding is not nessecarly as strong as the U-bolts as many people can't weld as in they DON'T have a welder and or are just plane incapable of welding properly! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL.

Mark M
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels
A plate welded to the tube, which the support would be bolted to, would be stronger and removeable. I believe the Great Bend FELs that use to come on Nortracs, used something similar to that.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #7  
I like John's train of thought here, that way you can remove the brace for clutch adjustment or FEL removal. I am going to make this a winter project and take some pics to share.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels
I added two pictures of the rear mounting to the axle, dirt and all! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would be interested in how your project works out.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels #9  
John, that was a interesting modification for the quick attach snow plow to the FEL. Who done that mod? Looks well made and thought out.

/ Jinma with ZL20 Fels
Harry,

Its been awhile, but think that was from Wayne, who lives down your way. I'll have to check my files at home. I believe he reads NYCTO more often, than this board.

I forgot about the FEL rear axle support he did, as well. More professional than mine. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WaynesWork5.JPG

WaynesWork6.JPG