Backhoe John Deere 1026R backhoe

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #11  
Sounds to me that it is leaking down too fast, not normal.

FWIW, it is best to leave the fel bucket on the ground when you park to reduce the strain on the seals and either pin the hoe up or rest the bucket on the ground too. My backhoe and loader can leak down but would take over a week to do it and that is with over 1000 hours on it.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #12  
I can pin it to keep it up but what a pain. I use the backhoe to loosen the material then turn around and move it with the loader. Jumping down to install and remove the pin is a pain. The back hoe should not drop. If I am driving over rough ground it even drops faster.

You should not have to pin it up unless not to be used for awhile.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #13  
My B 26 leaks down overnight if not pinned and the bucket will leak down a bit over a week or so, same with the stabilizers. Leaking down to have the bucket dragging in 30 minutes, I would say is unacceptable leakage although your dealer might say this is normal, IT isn't normal. This reminds me of the fellow who had a Ford car that used a quart of oil every 500 miles and FORD said that is acceptable oil usage, BS is what I say but what can you do if they say that amount of leak down is OK.
As for pinning the boom, you have to get off the tractor to pin the boom? Mine has a lever that I move from the seat to unpin the boom just like all the industrial hoes have. It also has a boom removable swing pin that I can pin from the seat and has a storage pipe that it slips in when not in use so you don't have to worry about loosing it.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #14  
My Kubota 2620 with the bh65 bh leaks down over a couple of days. The bucket will open a bit (few inches) over the same time. When I am using the hoe I never pin it to move it and have had no problems. Like others have said, make the dealer show you the specs. Maybe try one in his yard while he watches!

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #15  
I can pin it to keep it up but what a pain. I use the backhoe to loosen the material then turn around and move it with the loader. Jumping down to install and remove the pin is a pain. The back hoe should not drop. If I am driving over rough ground it even drops faster.

Just a suggestion. Every time you go over a bump you are bashing the weight of the backhoe against the cylinder. It's not a shock absorber. That's more shock loading than any normal use of the backhoe and creates an opportunity to cause damage. If it doesn't leak down very much now, keep bouncing around with it unpinned and it will get worse soon enough. It's probably OK to operate the tractor slooowly when the BH is not pinned up, but it will last longer and give you less trouble if you pin it before doing any rough stuff.

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #16  
Just a suggestion. Every time you go over a bump you are bashing the weight of the backhoe against the cylinder. It's not a shock absorber. That's more shock loading than any normal use of the backhoe and creates an opportunity to cause damage. If it doesn't leak down very much now, keep bouncing around with it unpinned and it will get worse soon enough. It's probably OK to operate the tractor slooowly when the BH is not pinned up, but it will last longer and give you less trouble if you pin it before doing any rough stuff.

I agree with this post.^^^^^^^

/ John Deere 1026R backhoe #17  
Any way you can weld a handle in the pin so you can place it or release it from the seat? That would make using it more likely. On the old JD 310C we had a pie e of 1/4" rod welded to the pin, loop handle at the top.
Jim