John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak

/ John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak #1  

jmur1

Tractor
John Deere 1030
Hi There:
I have a John Deere 1030 with a leaky fuel tank. I started to try to remove the hood and found the bolts were all hidden away behind very hard to reach spots. Am I missing something here or is the hood very hard to remove? Any body have a diagram of the area so I can understand what I am looking at?

Thanks alot Jeff

/ John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak #2  
There should be 4 bolts/nuts holding the hood on. Look under the hood, just in front of the side cowling around the batteries. There should be 2 bolts on each side. (#6 in diagram) Remove the rear bolt on each side. Then on the front, remove the side screens. Behind the fuel tank cover/grille, there should be a nut on underside of hood screwed onto a stud that is attached to bracket 1&2 in diagram. Remove those 2 nuts and the hood should then be free to lift off.

Attachments

• CE7246_________UN30JUN97.gif
    CE7246_________UN30JUN97.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 413
   / John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak #3  
I haven't removed a hood from a 1030 but have removed hood from several other JD utility tractors and they weren't that difficult to get attaching bolts out. There's one bolt on each side at rear of hood & one one each close to fuel tank on each side.

/ John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak
Thanks I was able to get it off. I didn't realize that the front part of the hood w20151028_094328.jpg20151028_094405.jpg

as probably an aftermarket fix. (Fiberglass) . I thought I had to remove all of the bolts across the flange of it. It was just the four bolts. Appreciate the help.

/ John Deere 1030 Fuel Tank Leak #5  
Nose piece on hood is factory not aftermarket.