john deere 1050 questions

/ john deere 1050 questions
thank you guys again, sorry it took a bit of time for me to respond i havent had much time for anything, trying to do everything it seems lol

the answers, along with the insight is exactly what i was hoping for. i need to get everything rounded up hopefully before hand and get it all done in a weekend or so i hope.

/ john deere 1050 questions
i hope the bearings and seals do answer the issues as well. if i do need need the help of the manuals that would be huge i will do my best to get a hold of you a little ahead of time just in case. thank you

/ john deere 1050 questions #23  
I have a lathe and it wasn't much work to make my own and shrink them on fixing them with a new running surface.
chris

I am not much of a machinist, more a fabricator. Do you have any trouble turning a sleeve that thin? What material would a guy use for that?

I just bid on some bid on some nice old machinery including a couple of turret lathes and s couple of Bridgeports. Hopefully the deal goes thru and i will have more opportunity to make some metal shavings.

/ john deere 1050 questions #24  
Just make light cuts, keep the heat down by letting it cool down often. 4130L ( stressproof ) and only because it was what I had here on hand at the time.
Chris