john deere 1070

/ john deere 1070
Ok thanks for all the help

/ john deere 1070
I went to my local JD dealer today and they told me that it was going to be around $1500 to $2000 to get everything I need to run wetlines does this seem right or is there any other place I could get it from

/ john deere 1070 #13  
Is that supposed to be for parts alone or is that installed? Installation is pretty easy. You remove some plugs from the existing hydraulic manifold and bolt up the banjo fittings for the lines. There's mounting brackets and some hose routing to be done up.

There is a description (picture) and part numbers of all the pieces for the SCV kit on the johndeere.com site under parts / part diagrams. Model is 1070 and the section is SCV.

Because its just a plumbing project, there may be an aftermarket wet kit for you, especially if all you need is 1 cylinder. The other option might be to use the lift arm/cylinder idea. Have the lift arms compress a cylinder which drives another cylinder on the rake. Use a garage door spring to return to home position.

There are electic cylinders that could do the job for you, too. I bought a 24v unit off of eBay really cheap. I run it in 12v so its a little slower. Use it to raise my baler header. I picked up an old satellite dish last year which has a 2-way electic cylinder on it. If its 12 or 24v, maybe that would do some work for us.

/ john deere 1070
That is just for parts alone

/ john deere 1070
Do I need a single spool valve or 2 spool valve or am I not even in the ball park of what I need to operate my cylinder ?

/ john deere 1070 #16  
You would need a single valve for running the cylinder. I also see that JD lists a separate rear single valve kit for the 1070 on their parts website (you can get there, too).

This kit ought to be cheaper than the double valve kit for the loader.

/ john deere 1070
Hydraulic valve.jpg
New Prince Standard 4-Way Control Valve, Model# RD2575T4ESA1 (2010)
Up to 20 GPM with 4 ports. Factory pre-set at 1500 PSI, has adjustable relief valve. For lower pressure, turn counter-clockwise. Adjustable from 1000 to 3000 PSI. Precision honed and plated, spools are hydraulically balanced. Spring centered. 3/4in. inlet/outlet ports, 1/2in. work ports. USA

Max. Flow (GPM) 20
Inlet Port (in.) 3/4
Outlet Port (in.) 3/4
Working Port (in.) 1/2
Max. PSI 3,000
Directional Control 4 way
Adjustable Release Pressure PSI 1,000 - 3,000

would this one work for me

/ john deere 1070
do I need a 4 way/3pos valve
Im not sure but I think I have a Double acting cylinder if it has 2 hydraulic lines on it ?