John Deere 110 in a dump trailer

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #21  
I haul my kubota M59 backhoe on a 16' PJ gooseneck dump trailer. It fits fine. I set the bucket on top of the gooseneck (chained down) and the hoe bucket barely sticks out the back. My backhoe has a pin and latch to keep it from moving while in transport so per the regs it doesn't have to be chained down.

I am not positive but I think the M59 is bigger than a 110. Mine is around 8500lb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 1,752
   / John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #22  
I haul my kubota M59 backhoe on a 16' PJ gooseneck dump trailer. It fits fine. I set the bucket on top of the gooseneck (chained down) and the hoe bucket barely sticks out the back. My backhoe has a pin and latch to keep it from moving while in transport so per the regs it doesn't have to be chained down.

I am not positive but I think the M59 is bigger than a 110. Mine is around 8500lb.

The M59 is a little larger than the 110, not sure about Texas regs but I've spoken to the local DOT cops and they say the pin doesn't meet the requirements(the 110 has the pin also). IMG_1071 (2).jpg

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #23  
I refer to this thread. It appears to be a direct quote from federal regs. Tractor Transporting Discussion Board - Re: Securing Loads

Specifically about halfway down there are three questions with guidance answers regarding securing buckets on TLB's and it says not required with locking pins. My M59 has two pins one to prohibit side to side movement and one to prohibit up and down.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #24  
I refer to this thread. It appears to be a direct quote from federal regs. Tractor Transporting Discussion Board - Re: Securing Loads

Specifically about halfway down there are three questions with guidance answers regarding securing buckets on TLB's and it says not required with locking pins. My M59 has two pins one to prohibit side to side movement and one to prohibit up and down.

Very interesting, it's seems that the DOT guys form there own opinions regardless of the black and white. Have you tried to locate the entire manual that's referenced on that site?

Matt

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #25  
Very interesting, it's seems that the DOT guys form there own opinions regardless of the black and white. Have you tried to locate the entire manual that's referenced on that site?

Matt

The problem is that the regs are vague at best. I guess a person could roll the dice and hope that the DOT officer happened to read the link provided by bdog and uses that interpetation, but it could be a major hassle if he didn't.

The index for the manual is here 49 CFR 393.128 - What are the rules for securing automobiles, light trucks and vans?. And here is the section regarding over and under 10k http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title49-vol5/pdf/CFR-2011-title49-vol5-sec393-128.pdf.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #26  

Hey Bdog I also have the M59 and would like purchase a dump trailer to haul. Thanks for the pic on fitting this in a 16ft. My question is about weight.

My GCWR for 2020 Silverado is 27500lbs, I am limited to 26000lbs with Class C. After my curb weight, myself and some tools I can gooseneck tow about 15000lbs.

I like the PJ low Pro but the website lists the GVWR at 20000lbs; which I could not tow legally. Can you tell me trailer GVWR and do you have CDL?

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #27  
You can custom order trailers with lower ratings to get around some of the ratings. You can end up overloaded easier, but avoid some of the CDL stuff.