John Deere 110 in a dump trailer

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #11  
Hi Rich

I don't have a JD 110 but I do have a Kubota L45 which is a similar size and weight. Here are a couple of photos of it in my old 14' Moritz dump trailer.

F250 and L45 in 14' Moritz 130504.jpgL45 in 14' Moritz 130504.jpg

After foaming the tires on the L45 and adding the cab I was having a weight problem with a 14,000 pound capacity trailer and my L45 with it's accessories. So I traded the 14' Moritz dumper this spring for a 16' triple axle Load Trail deck over dumper and I am really happy with it. The drop down sides makes it as handy as a float for loading and tying down and the extra two feet of length allows me to leave the loader bucket at the front of the trailer and just have the forks projecting out the back. I used to have to chain the bucket on the forks with the 14' trailer. Here are a couple of shots of the L45 in the 16' trailer.

F250 with Kubota L45 in 16' Load Trail 140519.jpgKubota L45 in 16' Load Trail 140519.jpg

There are lots of folks that like a long float but I find that once I get to site I almost always need to move material and a dumper is much more useful at that point than a float. I am not interested in a goose neck or fifth wheel because I have a cap on my truck and this is the largest bumper pull trailer that Load Trail (or any other manufacturer I tried) would build. Any larger and I had to go GN or 5th wheel and tandem duallys.

I have a CDL and I know it is more weight than my truck is rated for but I went across the scales with a load of rocks and the trailer weight was 9,980 kilos which is actually a little more than the trailer is rated for. It towed fine the 200 miles I had to get the rocks from my current site to home. I can fit two loader buckets nested within each other in the front and bring my three backhoe buckets and the ripper all with me at the same time which is perfect for me.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,

Lauren

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #12  
Here in the states you would have to have an additional tie down over the bucket as well as the forks/FEL bucket to be legal. That's tough (but not impossible) with a short trailer. That particular law isn't enforced in all areas, but it does pay to be prepared.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #13  
Hi RDrancher

You are correct but my understanding is that rule only applies to equipment over 10,000 pounds and my L45 is under that so I have not had an issue.

Regards,

Lauren

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #14  
Hi RDrancher

You are correct but my understanding is that rule only applies to equipment over 10,000 pounds and my L45 is under that so I have not had an issue.

Regards,

Lauren

Hey Lauren. It's a moot point on my part since you're in Ontario and I don't pretend to know the laws there. Here in the states it doesn't matter if the equipment is over 10k or not. Tie downs are required for the bucket and attachments. If the equipment is over 10k, four separate tie downs are required to secure the machine plus the above mentioned tie downs.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #15  
Better late than never, I took this pic today at my buddies rock farm. The 4in1 bucket is in the bed of the truck. Unfortunately this is the only pic I had time to take.IMG_1052.jpg

Matt

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer
What size is the trailer?

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #17  
Hey Lauren. It's a moot point on my part since you're in Ontario and I don't pretend to know the laws there. Here in the states it doesn't matter if the equipment is over 10k or not. Tie downs are required for the bucket and attachments. If the equipment is over 10k, four separate tie downs are required to secure the machine plus the above mentioned tie downs.
Not sure if you are talking about the backhoe or bucket but unless something has changed that I am not aware of, under 10k, the backhoe can be left up if it can be pinned in place and need not be chained down.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #18  
Hi GreatWhiteHunter

Did the 110 tow ok driven in like that? I had a bad experience with trailer sway when I loaded my B21 that way in my first dumping trailer because the backhoe put to much weight at the rear of the trailer. Once I got stopped and cleaned my shorts out I backed it in and had no further issues. I continue to back my L45 onto the trailer as I like to ensure I have adequate tongue weight to prevent trailer sway.

I too am curious as to how long the dumping trailer is. That is a nice setup with the forks accessible from the side like that.

Regards,

Lauren

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #19  
What size is the trailer?

16' 14k Load Trail dump

Hi GreatWhiteHunter

Did the 110 tow ok driven in like that? I had a bad experience with trailer sway when I loaded my B21 that way in my first dumping trailer because the backhoe put to much weight at the rear of the trailer. Once I got stopped and cleaned my shorts out I backed it in and had no further issues. I continue to back my L45 onto the trailer as I like to ensure I have adequate tongue weight to prevent trailer sway.

I actually had the loader arms over the front with more tongue weight the last time I towed it. It seemed to handle about the same. I've got the bags loaded to round 40lbs in the rear.

Matt

I too am curious as to how long the dumping trailer is. That is a nice setup with the forks accessible from the side like that.

Regards,

Lauren

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #20  
I don't know if the option I am about to describe would help anyone or not but here goes. Years ago I worked for an excavating contractor that had a quick disconnect backhoe on a rubber tired loader. His tandem axle dually tilt deck trailer was a bit too short for the loader/hoe. We used to back it onto the trailer and set the hoe bucket right in the dump truck bed. Of course, we did not have to worry about scratching the bed.