John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers?

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #1  

MH110

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
Does anyone have any instructions or tech notes on adjusting the forward/reverse potentiometers for the JD 110 TLB?

I haven't gotten the tech manual, but the self-diagnostic code is flashing a code for the Forward pedal potiometer. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so i have to move the machine with the creeper switch when it doesn't. The PO said he replaced both fwd/rev potiometers prior to the sale. Anyways, the manual says to contact the JD dealer, but unless you need a factory computer, how hard can it be?

I had a speed sensor code too, and that was very easy to replace, that code doesn't flash anymore.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #2  
I have a PDF of the tech manual your welcome to, if wanted shoot me your email

Joe

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers?
Hi Joe, PM sent!

Thanks!

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #4  
Hey joe pm sent as well as I am looking at a 110 with a forward pedal that won't return

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #5  
it's on the way now

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #6  
I've reposted a problem I have here since the thread is simialr:

Deere 110TLB Won't Move - Potentiometer Eror Codes

Talk about making things worse!

The lights on our Deere 110TLB weren稚 working. So I played around with the fuses. Lights are now working, but tractor has lost all ability to move!

Nothing with either forward or reverse peddles or even the creep toggle.

Its flashing error codes for the forward, reverse and creep potentiometers.

Anyone run into this before or have a recommendation that doesn't require me to be very electrically sophisticated?

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #7  
spray the potentiometers with nu-trol control cleaner. try to get the spray to go inside the pot, then actuate the control that rotates the pot a few times..

Last edited:
   / John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #8  
Unfortunately I've figured out what happened - it trying to find the defective light fuse, I put a fuse in the empty calibration slot 12. Reportedly, doing this completely wipes the calibration and you end up with a tractor that won't move - ugh.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #9  
It worked!

“Old Machinist” at ****************.com is my new hero.

The recalibrations routine on page 382 of the technical manual got the tractor moving again without Service Advisor or JD1575.

Thank goodness for these chat rooms - I called every dealership in the region and none of them were able to help.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - adjust fwd/rev potentiometers? #10  
Glad I could help. It is actually user joecdeere from both forums that supplied the tech info. He has been an invaluable resource for all my JD equipment. I just took a moment to read into your problem and pass along the fix.