John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #191  
I'm looking for a 14k, 18' and I think that will suit it.

Looking like February may be a good month as well, we'll see. A couple I got my eye on and if all goes as planned it shouldn't be long and I'll be in the 110 club:thumbsup:

Only 18'? The 110 is a long load.. And if you have any ideas about throwing the box blade or forks or whatever on the trailer at the same time -- well, you don't have very much space to keep your tongue weight within limits!

I had a 20' tilt-bed with a 2' dove-tail that was the "cat's jammies"! I could haul the tractor and hoe plus bucket, plus forks, plus root grapple.

Go with a 20' at least (or as they say; stay home). :D

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #192  
Martian,
I agree with AKfish on a 20 or 20+ trailer, why do you wan't to go shorter? You do need room on the bed to balance the tongue load. BTDT.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
I was thinking 16' with a 2' dove tail, is that really to short? Won't have too many attachments on the trailer at once, maybe the tractor and the box blade. Reason for wanting it is what I trailer 90% of the time is my wagon and it fits just perfectly on my trailer which has those exact dimensions. I wanted to take the winch off of it and get the same thing with more capacity.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #194  
I would agree that 18' is too short. I doubt that you would be able to get the weight distributed to your satisfaction.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #195  
I was thinking 16' with a 2' dove tail, is that really to short? Won't have too many attachments on the trailer at once, maybe the tractor and the box blade. Reason for wanting it is what I trailer 90% of the time is my wagon and it fits just perfectly on my trailer which has those exact dimensions. I wanted to take the winch off of it and get the same thing with more capacity.

Hot D@mn! That's some trailer, er wagon! Do you participate in a number of parades or other kinds of public celebrations with it?

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
Hot D@mn! That's some trailer, er wagon! Do you participate in a number of parades or other kinds of public celebrations with it?

AKfish

Pulled everyone from youth football to mayors and so on. Very fun, have it in a lot of different shows and is always a hit. Father built it year and a half ago and its my toy now!

Problem with the 20' is that the wagon fits perfectly with 18'. I agree that 20 may be more ideal with the 110, but 18 is better for the wagon, what I will be on the trailer most of the time. Decisions, decisions...

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #197  
Pulled everyone from youth football to mayors and so on. Very fun, have it in a lot of different shows and is always a hit. Father built it year and a half ago and its my toy now!

Problem with the 20' is that the wagon fits perfectly with 18'. I agree that 20 may be more ideal with the 110, but 18 is better for the wagon, what I will be on the trailer most of the time. Decisions, decisions...

Very impressive work! Your Dad was talented. :thumbsup:

With stakepockets and an outer rubrail you should be able to fit the wagon just about anywhere on a 20' trailer.

That's the real advantage to having a larger trailer - it's more adaptable to different load weights as well as different size.

AKfish