John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics

/ John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics #1  

2006gmcdmax

Gold Member
Tractor
Many but mostly ford diesels or ihc or jds
I have a 62 John deere 2010 hydros with the box blade hovering about a quarter inch off the ground and it wants to jump kind of or shake almost

/ John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics
Almost like something with draft control when you try to pick up a load

/ John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics #3  
The jumping of hyd's is normally called "hunting" or "hiccuping". Seals or o-rings in the rockshaft valve/piston area are leaking and 3pt control valve is continuing have to correct the height.

Ok how hard is it to do on this tractor iv never messed with John deere

And whn it's all the way up it acts fine and when it's all the way down it's fine just if your are trying to let some dirt out of the box blade it's really sensitive and then will do that jumping

/ John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics #6  
Then it's more likely something out of adjustment in the draft control linkage. All I remember about the linkage is a long time JD technician told me the linkage inside the rockshaft housing resembled an "toy erector set" that had endured a wind storm.

Hahah **** sounds like a pain

I wonder if it could be filters maybe

/ John deere 2010 jumpy hydraulics #9  
Is there gain adjustment on the feedback signal to the control valves? It's usually a lever labeled L,LD and D. Some mud manure crud or rust could be binding a linkage.

Yes that's the little lever on the left side under the seat where should it be positioned and what does it do is it a draft control thomg