John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #12  
And it used to be you could use CAT parts in some instances to repair a Komatsu and vice versa. No clue on the newer models though.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #13  
I’ve owned a 2025r for three and a half years now. I have about 370 hours on it and I like it. I would agree the Kubota out specs the JD, it looks like a slightly bigger tractor and the loader has a little more power. JD makes a 2032r and a 2038r which would out spec the Kubota but they cost quite a bit more. Some people don’t like the treadle pedal on Kubotas but I always got along with it fine.

I owned a Kubota before the JD I own now. Both make great tractors, have a great parts network and dealer network. I’d go with which ever one you like better and has a price you can live with.
Question regarding the 2-speed hydro. Have you found that having only the 2 ranges has been negative in any way? Just curious. :unsure:

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #14  
Question regarding the 2-speed hydro. Have you found that having only the 2 ranges has been negative in any way? Just curious. :unsure:

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610
The specs on the Kubota LX2610 out rank the specs of the JD2025 in all cateories as I compare them. One category is the three range transmission. Don't know about the price comparison....nor the dealer support....especially in the shop/service mechanics.

New units seldom need servicing beyond routine maintenace which one can DIY. In my experienc, the older MomPop dealers were the best. But that's a thing of the past now I beieve.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for looking at that. Yes the three range tranny is a big seller. I am trading an kubota l4740 and it had a 3 speed. Love it and think I would miss it. Yep specs out better than the 2025. I heard the lx2510 has a lot of tranny whine and lunges ahead but I since heard they had that fixed.

The specs on the Kubota LX2610 out rank the specs of the JD2025 in all cateories as I compare them. One category is the three range transmission. Don't know about the price comparison....nor the dealer support....especially in the shop/service mechanics.

New units seldom need servicing beyond routine maintenace which one can DIY. In my experienc, the older MomPop dealers were the best. But that's a thing of the past now I beieve.

Cheers,
Mike

Kubota dealer here is family owned but has growing pain. They were in business for a lot of years but there sales went from 100 to 300 units a year and they can’t keep up. They built a huge garage and hired more machanic but is taking awhile to get them up to speed.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #17  
There is no simple answer to the 2 range/3 range question. In both cases the ranges overlap and you have a full range of operation. We've had Kubota users say they need three ranges because they can't mow in high range, but I always mow in high with my 2 range JD. Some people think the more ranges, the less need to shift, but the 2 range tractors seem to have greater speed range in each gear. I've never felt there was a problem with my tractor. There is a lot of engineering that goes into these tractors and I would guess each one has the transmission it needs.

I'm a Kubota guy (or used to be before I fell in love with antique tractors) but anyway, I tried a B2650/LX2610 and the hydro transmission whine in that cab would be unbearable to me.
That alone would make me jump up to the Grand L series.

I've never tried a Deere. Wonder if they are quieter?

I have an L4740 which I bought new in 2010. I love it but it has 4000 and now has to be split for a seal repair and will cost over $6000. Now it needs new tires and I suppose a pump in a couple of years. I’m thinking it is time to trade and buy another.

But I moved and I can’t seem to get work to justify buying a new L series. Big money for me here in canada.

I can’t stand that noise of a pump that sounds like it is going to let go at any moment. Takes all the fun out of working it.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #19  
Treadle vs dual hydro pedals? I like the JD, myself.

/ John Deere 2025r or Kubota lx2610 #20  
My previous tractor was a Kubota BX which is also a 2 range tractor. I can’t say if I miss a three range since I’ve never owned one. There are some times I start out in high range and I hear hydro whine that wouldn’t be there in a lower range. That might be a place a third middle range would help. I’m sure there are other times I switch between high and low where if I had a middle range I might use it. In general I’d say I don’t think a 2 range hurts your use of a tractor but maybe you shift a little more.