John Deere 2025R Vs. Others

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #11  
Looking a little more and afraid of getting something too small what are the main differences between the 2025 & 3032e other that engine HP & Size? I have this overwhelming fear of getting something too small.

Common rule of thumb around here: whatever sized tractor you think you need, go with one size bigger.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #12  
Petersene,
I have a 2720 and this morning placed and order for a 2025R H130, 62D, Ballast Box, Third SCV, 61" materials bucket. Your price is pretty good. Yes there are less expensive tractors out there that can do the same job just fine. My experience has been that they are not the same as there is usually some level of refinement in function with the more expensive machines. I have owned 12 tractors at this point and they all have pro's and con's. At this point in time I prefer Deere because of some of the features they have on both big and small machines. I might have bought a Massey 1655 if it were't for the self leveling loader on the Deere for example.

You haven't said what you are going to be doing with your machine. The 2025R and 2032R are both very capable machines and they are slightly different in size. For loader work the two are equivalent. The extra power would be handy for ground engaging work. I use a 6' tiller and flail mower on the 2720 and will not on the 2025R, which I would limit to 5' implements. If you don't REQUIRE 6' implements then you will be more than fine with the 2025R and you can spend the extra money on implements. If you have steep hills you might also want more power for mowing as well. Otherwise you are fine.

We are happy to help you spend more if you want though....

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others
My primary use would be residential landscaping. With my current 9N 80% of the time it's used for loader work (mulch, gravel etc.) Other than that is would be grading & York rake work. Occasional Post hole auger & snow removal. I'm leaning towards the Kubota B2620 or the J.D 2025r. I'm going to try and take off work so I can go try them out.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #14  
I looked at a 2025r before I bought my B2920 (same chassis just a puff more HP). I thought the JD was a great machine. It only has a two range hydro though. The B line up has three range. The loader plumbing and routing is cleaner on the bota as well.

I wasn't sure how "heel/toe" hydro operation on the bota was gonna work out either compared to the side by side on the JD. After a 150 hours on the bota, the operation is second nature. In fact, when backing up, I shift my butt on the seat and put my right arm on the ROPS. When doing that it is nice to have the reverse pedal close to the seat versus stretching my right leg up to the front. It is all what you get used to, and I have no problem at all with bota.

Not having position control has not been a detriment either. My preference would position control over quarter inching, but quarter inching works fine (3pt hitch control). The loader with integral control valve works great also, not sure what the deere has.

Well, I had the local Kubota dealer bring a the B2620 to my property to demo. Initially I hated it. It seemed like a to when compared to the size and weight of my 9N. After I spent about an hour on the machine I got to like it. Would definitely need to put ballast in the tires. Anyway I'm now thinking of the L3200. Two drawbacks that I see, Brake pedal is on the same side as HST lever and not a dual brake setup. Also there is no mid mount PTO. The PTO is not as big of deal as the brake setup. I have not had time to go look at the L3200 in person but will this week. What else am I missing in the B VS L? I thinking the physical size and weight of the L would be a better match for me.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #16  
I love my B2620. Don't think I would want to go any heavier for mowing unless your yard is bone dry. I do wish it had the steering brakes on the opposite side as the hydro pedals, and position control.....but I have learned to adapt.

As far as the John Deere 2R series, and I am not bashing, but have they corrected the bending loader stands, bending fuel tank brackets that cause the filler cap to rub the hood and the u-joint failures I have been reading about on all these forums since 2008?
Also thought I read they had that pto cutout in reverse that the 1R has. That would be a definite deal breaker for me.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #17  
I have the 2720 (similar to 2032) and love it. One word of caution- my father-in-law's post hole digger does not fit. I think it is from tractor supply. Overall, it is a very well made tractor.

Well I think I made up my mind. Looks like I'm going with the L3200. Now we just have to negotiate price. The price they quoted me was $19,500 + Tax. the only option is the 66" quick attach bucket. When I price it out on Kubota's website it comes to $22,095. If we apply a 10% discount off MSRP we come up with $19,886. With the $1,000 rebate when using 0% financing and another $500 for the Instant rebate for loader package I believe a realistic number should be $18,366 + Tax. What does everyone think of those numbers? I would like to finalize the deal tomorrow if we can come to an agreement.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #19  
Try one out first, you may hate it.

Try one out first, you may hate it.

I demoed a 2650 at my house. The L3200 I tried out at the dealership. Any reason you may say I may hate it? With all this research I've discovered there is no perfect tractor.