John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #1  

gwdawg53

Tractor
John Deere 210C
My JD 210C has a problem with the shuttle shift will go in reverse but not forward. I raised the wheels off the ground and from under the tractor the shaft turns slowly in reverse while in neutral, will speed up in reverse, will stop then turn slowly, then stop again in forward. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Gary

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #2  
i have the same problem with mine....shift and go in reverse but no forward..........any suggestions. please help its urgent+

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #3  
Has reverser sump screen ever been cleaned? Are there any ports to check hyd pressure?

Attachments

• L59025_________UN01JAN94.gif
    L59025_________UN01JAN94.gif
    19 KB · Views: 1,090
   / John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #4  
John Deere 210C shuttle Reverse O K now but still no forward.

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #5  
This seems to be a common issue with this machine. There is another post that I just replied to describing the same issue where we are all having the same problem including myself but other then 'Tx Jim' I haven't had anybody come up with any suggestions. I am going to check the sump on my machine hopefully this weekend but I am not convinced this will be the problem because fluid is drawn from the same sump for forward and reverse but reverse works with lots of power.

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #6  
I agree but I was taught to "always check the easiest things 1st". Next would be to check pressures in both forward & reverse.

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #7  
sounds like the forward clutches in the reverser are gone. my machine did the same thing because of screen in the sump clogged. my boss tried using it anyhow and would shut the machine off sit for fiveminutes start it back up and use it for ten minutes until the screen clogged back up and then did it again. aftr I pulled the sump cleaned the screen the machine worked slower and slower until the forward clutch was toast. I picked up a rebuilt reverser and convertor hopefully this will cure my problem ill post if it does

/ John Deere 210C Shuttle Shift #8  
Sorry everyone, I should have posted a long time ago but l forgot.

I drained the fluid out of the reverser and dropped the pan. I found that the screen was partially plugged. I cleaned the screen out and l found what looked like a slimy sludge ball wedged between the pan and the pick up screen which would partially block the intake. l cleaned everything up and the sludge ball turned out to be the magnet that dislodged from the pan and was moving around in the reservoir. Once everything wa cleaned out l put it all back together, added new oil and I have not had a problem since. l even put the bucket up against a stump and put the unit in low gear and could have spun my tires to China. Problem solved!