John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #21  
Any updates on this? I am discussing options with my local JD dealer regarding the 3rd PTO failure in as many years on our 2006. One under warranty and this will be the second one out of my pocket. This one happened while cutting grass.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #22  
JBarnes6767 said:
I have gained a lot of support from other John Deere 2305 owners and have been asked by many what is the status of the class action suit. My goal for now is to gather a list of names of 2305 owners who have had similar problems and lack of support from John Deere. Once this list reaches a large enough size I plan to take this case to an attorney for review. This is going to be a long drawn out process, which is always the case with anything judicial, but I plan to stay vigilant and lead this case for the sake of John Deere's consumers.

If you have a similar Power Take Off 2305 Transmission problem and want to join our case, please reply to this listing or send me an email with your information including name, address, and Year/SN/Model of the 2305.

Thanks

Jacob

JBarnes6767@gmail.com

G'day
I'm from Australia , I own a 2305 and the rear pto went on me as well. Cost $2500 for parts only. Have photo of new housing and old housing. 2006 model only 264 hours on it.

image-3580068686.png

image-2767874483.png

John Deere knew there was problem with that area , rectified it but failed to recall the tractors.

I'm giving john deere a hard time see what they got to offer.

Regards Terry

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #23  
Can you confirm the transmission was redesigned after 2007?

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #24  
Wow, i never knew this was an issue.

I have had great responses from corporations to negative posts in several forums. I am saddened that it needs lawyers to get this solved.

I"m sure these kind of posts hurt the used market too. I am surprised that the dealers stuck with used machines dont make a stink about this.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #25  
I bought a 2305 in September 2007, I just traded it in with 350 hours for a 2320. I had no idea about this. I never had a problem. I had the 54" MMM and used it alot, The only rear PTO implement I had was a fertilizer spreader and it was only used this last year. I wonder if mine had the revised case. I hope everything works out for you guys. This is unacceptable from John Deere, they have a lot of nerve. I can tell when ever I call with problems. They act like they cant be bothered.

VP

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #26  
With the market so competitive, and the online owner communities so strong, I am shocked how they get away doing nothing here.

Very sad state of affairs.

Yamaha had a similar issue with their 225 hp outboards. $6000 dollar repair on units from 2002 to 2004. They changed the part, but offer no help to the consumers.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #27  
Customer service has been going down the tubes now for a while. It is very discouraging to spend your hard earned money on a piece of equipment that you hold in such a high regard and then get ignored by the big corporations, shame on them!

VP

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #28  
Please keep us updated on the status of the suit, and if they reimburse you for all the repairs.

JD should also give your dealer the 18% back that you were discounted.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #29  
Is there a way to visually tell if a 2210 has the newer or revised transmission housing. Im looking at a 2004 with about 250 hrs. but i dont know when they started using the redesigned housing.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #30  
Especially since they have re-engineered it to make it heavier. That's like an admission of deficiency. They should at least supply the parts at cost in that case.

Just so us guys know the heavier case did not completely solve the issue, I broke mine. No help from JD.:confused: I had a hard time but I upgraded to 2320 for pto use.