John Deere 244e problems

/ John Deere 244e problems #1  

TitleSeventeen

we have a older 244e at work, its been good untill recently.
and we really don't know much about this machine.

recently has run for around a half hour then quit moveing and its been progressively going down to around 15 minutes and now it plain out won't move.

the wires under the dashboard are a plain out mess, its been hacked to bejesious and back, just figgured i'd throw that out there.

hope someone can help, thanks in advance
-chris

/ John Deere 244e problems #2  
<font color="blue"> recently has run for around a half hour then quit moving and its been progressively going down to around 15 minutes and now it plain out won't move.

</font>
Chris welcome to the TBN site!

Are you saying the the motor stalls or the motor continues to run but the tractor will not move beyond 15 minutes. With the exception of a fuel solenoid once a diesel is running it doesn't consume power to run. I'm thinking if the engine is actually cutting out your problem is most likely fuel associated. IE: Plugged fuel filter, plugged fuel screen, injector pump. Maybe fuel gelling because of cold, where is the tractor kept?

/ John Deere 244e problems
thanks for the welcome!

anyhow, it will continue to idle as normal, just all movement in any direction is gone. i fired it up in the shop yesterday, it will idle and run fine, but it just will not move at all now.

EDIT: mostly it is kept outside but since its stoped moveing its been moved to the shop where its usually around 50 degrees inside