John Deere 2520 CUT & land pride 0S1548

/ John Deere 2520 CUT & land pride 0S1548 #1  

mach1mason

Tractor
John Deere 2520 CUT
I want to use my JD 2520CUT to operate a land pride overseeeder os1548. Does anyone know if the tractor can lift it? THe tractor specs say it can lift #1,250 and the overseeder weights #1,250-#1,290.

Any other tips to operating the overrseeder are appreciated! I am new to tractors and have only put 10 hours on the 2520, which I purchased used.

Thanks.

/ John Deere 2520 CUT & land pride 0S1548 #2  
If your overseeder weighs the same as the max lift, im gonna say that even if it does lift it, its gonna struggle long term. Also, i would just go out on a limb and say its gonna weigh a tad bit more regardless. If your new to equipment and machines overall, I can only give you this advice: dont buy something that you need to use that is at its max capacity. Somethings gonna break or its not gonna be useful. AQlso, its life will be shortened dramtically. Not a long time member here but i have been in heavy construction all my life. Buy equipment that is slightly over rated for your jobs you have planned for it. Not something right at the limit. Bigger machine or smaller equipment

/ John Deere 2520 CUT & land pride 0S1548 #3  
I have a neighor who use the frontier overseeder on his 2520 and it shows a shipping weigt of I think 1400 lbs. However, pulling a 1200lb implement with a 1400lb tractor may not be the smartest idea. Not sure what the PTO requirement is for the os1548. If it is 25 or less and you are talking about doing say 1 or 2 acres of flat ground and ti was soft and you went slow, I would probably try it. If you are talking about buying it and doing lawns for people, I woudn't, it would probably tear up your tractor in the long run....