John Deere 2720 Purchase

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #11  
Hi MB,
You might want to check out the Yanmar sx3100 listed on ebay, It is a twin to the jd2720 with a better warranty, Yanmar makes the 2720 for jd,
I can tell you the guy is great to deal with, he is who i purchased mine from. Worth a look if you ask me. I now have 30 hours on mine and love it perfect size machine. $17,900 for tractor, loader, and 60"mmm. oh yeah and no tax. You have any questions about dealing with him or the tractor feel free to ask me. I will get back to you as soon as i can.
Good luck with your purchase.

Hey Builder - thanks for the plug! I haven't been spending much time on TBN, but was just floating around and saw this...lol. Glad you like the tractor. Did you load the rear tires? They are the same tractor with the small differences as roush pointed out....I don't think many folks realize that. As for the warranty, it stays with the tractor, and any Yanmar dealer can service it. The good deals on these Cub Yanmars are all but gone, as the inventory is near dried up.
I can knock a few hundred more off for a local sale also.
Maybe I should put it in the classified....

thanks again and sorry for the thread hijack...!

Frank

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #12  
Hey Frank, I see you got another sx3100 great machine. No i didn't load the rears but i did make a concrete counter weight (500lbs) just right for the machine.
I didn't load the rears because i was worried it would tear up the lawn more when mowing. Hey Frank do i get a commision for the plug :laughing:. As far as warranty i did the following. I contacted yanmar via email. they responded asking my for my info serial numbers and model number, yanmar sent an email asking me what dealer i wanted to work with i picked the dealer they then said they would contact the dealer and that was the end of it. Just waiting for 50 hours to get the free service done. I think i'll ask the dealer if he will just supply me the parts. If i remember correctly i believe there is a dealer in central mass.

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #13  
I like Kevinwak's thoughts about a bigger tiller. The 647 is not the best choice for the 2720. I wouldn't put a 6 footer on it but your dealer probably sells Land Pride equipment and one of their 58 inch tillers would fit really nice and it is 3 inches wider than the 655.

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #14  
I didn't realize how similar the Yanmar tractors were to the Deere till I went over and looked at the Yanmar. I think the only 4 differences are the seat, deck, color, and headlights.
What about warranty, resale value, parts availability and dealer support?

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #15  
Incidentally, the loader attachment and the mower deck look quite different.

I am using a KKII 6 ft tiller on my 2720 without issues. I tilled 4 acres of dense root nested field today to break it up because my plow was just tearing up large chunks of sod and carrying them. The plow counters were unable to cut the roots. I don't own a disc right now but I'm not sure one would have worked either.