John deere 301a diesel acting like it's starving for fuel and stalls

/ John deere 301a diesel acting like it's starving for fuel and stalls #11  
Is the "crud" black rubbery pieces?
If so;
It will need a new flex ring.
They are fairly easy to work on and there are several videos out on you tube showing how.
or
send it off to someone such as the pumpguy or your local shop and have it gone through,
one other option that used to be fairly common was for a mechanic to come out to the field and put in a new flex ring right on the tractor.

/ John deere 301a diesel acting like it's starving for fuel and stalls
Is the "crud" black rubbery pieces?
If so;
It will need a new flex ring.
They are fairly easy to work on and there are several videos out on you tube showing how.
or
send it off to someone such as the pumpguy or your local shop and have it gone through,
one other option that used to be fairly common was for a mechanic to come out to the field and put in a new flex ring right on the tractor.
Actually, I believe some of it is bits of black rubber, and I think it's been sitting for years which is never good for rubber.
I'll look into changing that ring. I'm sure I can change it, and if I need help I know exactly where to come.

Thanks )
John

/ John deere 301a diesel acting like it's starving for fuel and stalls #13  
Stanadyne as the manufacturer is called now, makes a piece that takes the place of the plastic flex ring..

/ John deere 301a diesel acting like it's starving for fuel and stalls
Stanadyne as the manufacturer is called now, makes a piece that takes the place of the plastic flex ring..
Thanks.
I'll look into that.

Thanks again for all the help :)