John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch?

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch? #1  

bigblock76

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2120, John Deere 3140, John Deere 2950, John Deere 7700 Combine, John Deere STX38
Hello,

I'm in the process of changing the shaft and bushings because for whatever reason they are severely worn and leak after replacing the seals. The shaft has been worn from going back and forth probably due to the fact that the washers are gone. I'm not the original owner of this unit. It has about 5600 hours on it.

Anyways, my issue is I've ordered aftermarket parts to try and save a buck and now might be regretting it.

I've ordered the shaft part# L41819 and bushing part # L41196 but the shaft doesn't fit through the bushing. The bushing seems to be about 0.1" of an inch smaller in inside diameter.

Just wanted to bounce this off you folks before I pay to ship parts back. Did I order the right parts? They should match looking at the JD parts catalog?

Mark

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch? #2  
L41819 should be 28MM OD. I can't locate spec's on L41196 bush but according to 3140 PC those 2 parts should fit together. My guess if shaft is 28MM OD bushings are incorrect for part number.

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch?
L41819 should be 28MM OD. I can't locate spec's on L41196 bush but according to 3140 PC those 2 parts should fit together. My guess if shaft is 28MM OD bushings are incorrect for part number.

Thanks TX Jim, I've checked several times and I see those parts lining up in the PC... The shaft is 28mm when I check it with a mic, when I do the same to the bushings, the ID is about 27.8MM Just enough to mess me up and delay putting this tractor back together for another week.

I'll have to email the supplier and see what the deal is with these parts that don't line up.

Thanks TX Jim, I've checked several times and I see those parts lining up in the PC... The shaft is 28mm when I check it with a mic, when I do the same to the bushings, the ID is about 27.8MM Just enough to mess me up and delay putting this tractor back together for another week.

I'll have to email the supplier and see what the deal is with these parts that don't line up.

Any watch out between L41196 vs L41802? I see that L41196 uses a single sealing o-ring on the shaft while L41802 uses 2 o-rings, but they should both work on that shaft and fit in the housing the same way.

M

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch? #5  
Any watch out between L41196 vs L41802? I see that L41196 uses a single sealing o-ring on the shaft while L41802 uses 2 o-rings, but they should both work on that shaft and fit in the housing the same way.

M

Each type seal or seals utilizes a different type bushing. What is the advantage of utilizing 2 seals per side vs single seal per side?

Each type seal or seals utilizes a different type bushing. What is the advantage of utilizing 2 seals per side vs single seal per side?

I received a email back from the supplier. Appears that they "may" have had issues with that bushing in the past. Likely they will send me a new pair. I told them to make sure it slips over the shaft without using tools before sending it over.

As long as it seals, I guess double the protection would be better but... As long as it works and doesn't leak.

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch? #7  
Actually it's not double the protection as smaller diameter seal fits inside of larger diameter seal

Actually it's not double the protection as smaller diameter seal fits inside of larger diameter seal

Received the replacement bushings today... same part number... but they fit now on the 28mm shaft.... Imagine that!

Thanks everyone.

/ John Deere 3140 Load Control Shaft Parts Mismatch? #9  
Thanks for update.