John Deere 318 transmission

/ John Deere 318 transmission #1  

Hjfowler

Tractor
John Deere GT275
My trans stopped working. I have hydraulics and power steering, but no trans. Here's what happened. I tried to use the pressure relief valves, but they were stuck. So I hit them with a small amount of WD-40. I was eventually able to open them with a small hammer. They were freed up. They popped back up when I started the tractor. Then I shut everything down and tried to depress them again, which I was able to do even though they were a little sticky. They popped back up again when I fired up the tractor, but the trans still isn't working. Could something be stuck in the valances causing them to be open even though the buttons on top are indicating closed?

/ John Deere 318 transmission #2  
If everything was ok before tinkering with the valves I would simply remove the valves and inspect them before trying or assuming anything else.

/ John Deere 318 transmission
If everything was ok before tinkering with the valves I would simply remove the valves and inspect them before trying or assuming anything else.

Thanks. Everything was perfectly fine and I didn't touch anything else except for the valves.

/ John Deere 318 transmission

Turns out the ball was stuck at the bottom of the valve on both valves. Cleaned it up and everything is working again.

/ John Deere 318 transmission #5  
Glad it was an easy fix and you are up and running again.