John deere 345 pto help

/ John deere 345 pto help #1  

Camel88

Tractor
2000 john deere 345
i have a john deere 345 that has been sitting for about 7 years after my father in law passed away. I brought it down to my house and got it running perfect but I can not get the pto to engage and have no power to the pto. This thing is driving me crazy lol . Bought a new pto switch nothing and have no red light on the control board. So was working on it today and the new switch I can not get any power to the middle terminals, so probably shouldn’t have done this but moved the plug one over on the switch by holding it and the pto kicks on, so new switch is bad or am I missing a something? Still
Have no red light on in the control board.

/ John deere 345 pto help #2  
Camel, Welcome to TBN.

Go here and you can download the owner's manual. It my help you with your problem:

Go here and you can find the wiring diagram for your machine.

When you get to the home page, type this into the search field:
345 wiring diagram

Last edited:
   / John deere 345 pto help #3  
Here is the wiring diagram:
1714970389430.jpeg

Richard

/ John deere 345 pto help #4  
Are you familiar with working on modern riding mowers that incorporate a multitude of safety circuits? If not, you’re in for a not-so-fun time. Its not as easy as a single 12v line running to a simple SPST switch. The segment of the wiring diagram someone kindly posted shows some of the complexity.

For instance, from the factory your PTO won’t energize if no one is sitting in the seat. You can see the seat switch located in the wiring circuit for the PTO switch. It also won’t work if the tractor think its going in reverse, unless the RIO switch is engaged. Two areas to look at.

There are relays, diodes, switches, wiring runs and connections to potentially sort out. The good news is you’ve determined the tractor runs and the PTO will engage when the switch is bypassed. Good time to invest in a multi meter and research the PTO circuit theory of operation..

Good luck.