John Deere 4052R Good Tractor?

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #1  

4052R

Tractor
4052R
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some feed back on John Deere's 4052R tractor. I purchased one last year and have been having a lot of problems with the tractor. I traded in my Deere 4600 for this tractor. My 4600 was a great tractor and gave me 17 years of great service. Is this a good tractor? Is it worth keeping or should I cut my losses.

Thank you for your feed back
4052R

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #2  
Can you get your 4600 back? ;)

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #3  
What problems are you having?

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #4  
What problems are you having?

Yep, need more information.

Generally, I think the R Deere’s are good machines. There’s always a chance of getting a lemon though.

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #5  
I too am curious of the problems your experiencing, I’ve been seeing a bunch of those models for sale lately with less than 100 hours.

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #6  
Folks that bleed GREEN, tend to blame the operator. Folks with different blood, blame the brand. Agree, need to know the issues. Have two friends w/ R's similar size, haven't heard complaints but that is hardly a legitimate sampling. I only object to their cost vs brands I prefer.

Country,
After the winter we have had and it continues today with snow, the more appropriate choice of bear: POLAR, they just blend in the terrain more naturally.

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #7  
   / John Deere 4052R Good Tractor?
Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting back with me. I started a thread last Friday with the issues I'm having with the tractor. I only have 50 hours on the tractor and I treat it like my baby. I'm getting a little frustrated with the tractor and dealer. I have been dealing with issues the day I got the tractor.

When I first got the tractor the power reverser would not engage, thought nothing of it, my 4600 did the same thing when I first purchase it. Fixed that by shimming the switch.

I called the dealer mid Jan. when the tractor would not move forward, backward and had no power steering. The dealer was nice, came right out to the house the next day. They did a diagnostic test onthe tractor and found six other error codes on the computer. They picked up the tractor and have since replaced the power reverser switch on the column, speed sensor on the crank and now they are replacing the steering control valve. The question that I have is why didn't the tractor give me alarm code on my dash showing all these error codes. Maybe some of the codes are related but not all. The part that gets under my skin is there service department says there going to call me and don't. Cant really blame them, they didn't build the tractor. But at least call when you said you would.

Again, Please give me some feed back if the 4052R is worth keeping. It's hard to find any reviews on this machine.

Thank you
4052R

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #9  
Bummer. Sorry you are having problems. Everything sounds electrical so far. May actually all be related. The problem is finding that particular issue. These types of problems are not brand specific. Seem to be random. Hopefully they'll figure it out. Right now they are throwing parts at it hoping something will stick. Not the dealer's fault in that regard. Is the dealer's fault if they tell you they are going to do something and then don't. Try to hang in there and see where this goes. Well, actually, you don't have a choice. Unless you can convince the dealer to get you out of that particular tractor and into something different, which will cost you money in the end. Let us know how it works out.

/ John Deere 4052R Good Tractor? #10  
There is a you tube fellow in AL, spring hollow hay farm, I believe. Had series of issues with 5065E. After many issues, deere refunded his purchase. He did then lease another tractor from deere as a replacement but NOT another E series. Just a thought. You tube videos are still up, last I looked.