John Deere 4066

/ John Deere 4066 #1  

ROGERCORBETT

Tractor
massey ferguson 1754
I am considering buying a JD 4066 with cab and loader. I have been quoted 67k for a new 2023. Has anyone bought one recently ?

Any comments on the tractor ?

/ John Deere 4066 #2  
I bought a 4066R almost 2 years ago.

The market has changed so much in 2 years any input I have on that subject would be worthless.

As for the tractor, I really like it. LOVE the cab, especially with a loader mounted hydraulic snowblower. Coming from a JD 110TLB, I can tell you the 4066R is not commercial/construction grade tractor. But is IS a really nice utility tractor for large home/estate/ag use.

The joystick is smooth (except for the float detent), loader capability good, MSL really nice when desired or with an inexperienced operator but a hindrance otherwise. Plenty of pto and drive power. I have the Nokian tires that are great in snow/ice, dirt. Cab/AC/Heat very comfortable. Decent fuel economy. Work lights and mirrors very useful.

It's a keeper!

/ John Deere 4066 #3  
67k seems really expensive for that size tractor. I know green paint is expensive but just this June I got a MF4707 for 60k

/ John Deere 4066 #4  
25K more than what I gave for a Workmaster 65. 12k more than I was quoted for a JD 5065E a few months ago. Unless you are set on hydro, I’d consider utility size.

/ John Deere 4066 #5  
It’s 47k more than I gave for my JD 2025r 3 years ago. I joke but it’s hard compare different tractors to what the OP is buying.

/ John Deere 4066 #6  
It’s 47k more than I gave for my JD 2025r 3 years ago. I joke but it’s hard compare different tractors to what the OP is buying.

I'm just trying to give perspective on what that amount of money can purchase.

Like morroder said, if you're set on hydro I would personally keep shopping. Depending on what you're wanting to do a brand new tracked skid can be had for that price as well. If JD is your only option because dealer location etc then I would still not pay over 60k for that setup, and I think that's being more than generous to JD and the dealer.

/ John Deere 4066 #7  
Ag-pro is advertising new 4066r with loaders for 62.9 on tractorhouse. I'm assuming they chose that number as it would be easy for the customer to suggest 60k as an even number and feel like they are getting a little off the list price.

/ John Deere 4066 #8  
I am considering buying a JD 4066 with cab and loader. I have been quoted 67k for a new 2023. Has anyone bought one recently ?

Any comments on the tractor ?

Just curious what you are looking for in the JD4066? The MF 1754 seems pretty close in size.
rScotty