John Deere 4066R Cab

/ John Deere 4066R Cab #1  

747-Captain

Tractor
2022 John Deere 4066R
First John Deere was a 4044 which I purchased around 25 years ago and it has been flawless.

Now now the down side of this story.

3 years ago I purchased a new John Deere 4044R with cab.

Issues:
Power steering pump failed.
AC failed and took two weeks to fix
Finally the transmission failed requiring major maintenance keeping it down for 2 months.

All this in under 350 hours of use so I traded it back for another unit and upgraded to the 4066R.

The 4066R is now in the shop with a major hydraulic leak coming from the front of the transmission. Its been over a week and don’t expect it have it back anytime soon. The tractor only has 125 hours on it!

Has anyone else experienced any major issues with the John Deere brand? I do a lot of backhoe and front loader work so the tractor is being used as a tractor and now just a lawn mower. Not knocking anyone for using it in this manner it’s just not working the tractor as hard and I plan on doing the same if I can ever keep it out f the shop long enough. I’m seriously considering buying a different brand and just dumping this unit. Money isnt the problem, it’s time that I can’t get my stuff done when I don’t have my unit. I take time off in the summer and have so many projects that need to get done and can’t since I don’t have my backhoe.

/ John Deere 4066R Cab #2  
First John Deere was a 4044 which I purchased around 25 years ago and it has been flawless.

Now now the down side of this story.

3 years ago I purchased a new John Deere 4044R with cab.

Issues:
Power steering pump failed.
AC failed and took two weeks to fix
Finally the transmission failed requiring major maintenance keeping it down for 2 months.

All this in under 350 hours of use so I traded it back for another unit and upgraded to the 4066R.

The 4066R is now in the shop with a major hydraulic leak coming from the front of the transmission. Its been over a week and don’t expect it have it back anytime soon. The tractor only has 125 hours on it!

Has anyone else experienced any major issues with the John Deere brand? I do a lot of backhoe and front loader work so the tractor is being used as a tractor and now just a lawn mower. Not knocking anyone for using it in this manner it’s just not working the tractor as hard and I plan on doing the same if I can ever keep it out f the shop long enough. I’m seriously considering buying a different brand and just dumping this unit. Money isnt the problem, it’s time that I can’t get my stuff done when I don’t have my unit. I take time off in the summer and have so many projects that need to get done and can’t since I don’t have my backhoe.
My nephew has a similar story about his JD 5075. After three attempts the dealer still hasn’t repaired the transmission to where he can put it in gear. He ain’t happy with John Deere at the moment. 😖

/ John Deere 4066R Cab #3  
I’ve been happy with mine but mines much smaller. There is a John Deere forum where you can get a better idea if your problem is common or just bad luck.

/ John Deere 4066R Cab #4  
I've personally never had an issue with my 4105 and it's never been 'back to the shop' for anything.

/ John Deere 4066R Cab #5  
Has anyone else experienced any major issues with the John Deere brand? I do a lot of backhoe and front loader work so the tractor is being used as a tractor and now just a lawn mower. Not knocking anyone for using it in this manner it’s just not working the tractor as hard.

No major issues with mine but no brand is immune to having a bad component. If the dealer can fix it and your happy with the repair all should be good. If not then trading might be an option as well.

Never heard that loader and backhoe work was really ever working a tractor that hard as it is such intermittent lighter loads It works the hydraulics but not much of load on the tractor itself. Try some ground engaging or PTO work and both of those can work a tractor.