John Deere 4100 hydro fittings?

/ John Deere 4100 hydro fittings? #1  

Sasquatch4100

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 with 410 loader
I have a pb kit on my JD 4100. The hoses that came with the kit have an odd cone inside the female fitting on the hose. It's a parker fitting, but has no part #. I've been searching for a little while and haven't been able to find one like it on the net. Is it a japanese flare?

Thanks guys

/ John Deere 4100 hydro fittings?
Ok, haven't verified it yet but i believe it's a #6 BSPP british fitting.

/ John Deere 4100 hydro fittings? #3  
Check the threads per year inch. Compare to a fitting chart like found on the Discount Hydraulic Hose website. BSPP is a possibility, or NPT. Where was the attachment made? A lot of Japanese stuff has BSPP.

It's Bspp. I took it to the hydro shop and he measured it out and it's a number 6 Bspp, flare not the bspp pipe.

Are there many different types of Bspp flares?

I think these are what I need.

9021-06-08

9021 | BSPP x Female SAE 37° Flare (JIC) Swivel

I'm actually going to go from the 6 to 8 so the bends/restrictions into the spool are minimized. There's going to be lots of bends in the system and don't want it to overheat or slow the other functions down. heard of some issues when adding functions and such into hydro systems. Only makes sense, better safe than sorry especially if it's at minimal expense.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll keep you posted.

BTW although it's a JD it was actually made in Itsaka (?) japan.

Last edited:
Yes, to those who'd ask the ?, it'd be easier to just snip off the ends and crimp on jic or orfs but I want to keep the oem hydros stock. I want to be able to re install the stock PB when I sell or trade up/over. I want to take off my TNT and extras to swap over to the new tractor. The fittings and such for the stock PB are kind of pricey.

/ John Deere 4100 hydro fittings? #6  
There is BSPP which has parallel threads and BSPT which has tapered threads like NPT. Any of the three are not interchangeable. BSPP is an awesome and versatile fitting. It it the only single fitting I know of that can be used anywhere on your equipment. High pressure ports, hoses, etc.

Ok. It's a 60 degree bsp cone flare and rarer than hens teeth.

After looking at someone elses design I only need one adapter it'll be a number 6 bsp to 1/2 nptf then I'll convert that to a jic 8 to go to the valve. Sheesh.

Here's the part number.

6-8FMK4

http://mdmetric.com/4300/K4 BSP Adapters.pdf

The funny thing is the factory converts these in order to connect them to the Qds.

/ John Deere 4100 hydro fittings? #9  
I looked up the Parker fitting you mentioned in your last post. That is not an unusual fitting. It's actually a standard BSPP. Nearly all BSPP male fittings have that internal cone so they can seal with a female swivel. This is actually a lot more common than hen's teeth. :)

9007 | BSPP x Male Pipe (NPTF)

This is different from the JIS I mentioned earlier in that cone is internal. BSPP, BSPT and NPTF fittings commonly have this internal cone, while JIC, JIS, and Komatsu (metric JIS) all have an external cone.